Adding to Favorites List in Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibson135

This question seems so logical that I assume it's just under my nose being overlooked 1000 different ways, but how to you add selected frequency lists, groups of channels, or whatever the exact way it's supposed to be said, from the database seen in Sentinel to a favorites list you have made so that you can then export them in a new or pre-existing favorites list and transfer them to your scanner?

For example: What if I want the channels listed under USA-> Alabama -> Autauga -> Air Shows-USA to be placed into one of my favorites list in Sentinel. My first thought- which I'm pretty surprised isn't one of the possible ways of accomplishing this- was to drag and drop from the database lists to your favorites list. This doesn't seem to work.

What does work?

Thanks!

Jim

rwier

In Sentinel, Alabama>Autauga>Nationwide> then highlight "Air Shows USA" (by right clicking on) and select "Append Favorites List", and then, from the drop down menu, select your preferred Favorites List or make a New One.

gibson135

Got it! Thanks a lot for the help.

So in case this is found looking to find out- For some reason using Parallels the equivalent of right-clicking, Ctrl+Click didn't bring anything up but the link to Append Favorites List was in the icons at the top.

Thanks again,
Jim

rwier

RR>Databases>Frequency Database>Nationwide Frequencies>Aircraft/Airport>
Aircraft Communicvations Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS)

I am still searching the Sentinel DB for these. However, they could be made into a FL manually. They all look like simple conventional freq's.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Vaguely aware of and how ACARS works, but don't you need something to decode it? Probably not loaded to the DB as it would be "noise".

If I'm wrong - sorry.

Only take 10 minutes to enter those 8 freqs.

Interesting. Sentinel has the frequencies shown under "Common Aviation", complete and in the correct location. However, I can not find the "ACARS" frequencies in Sentinel.

RR:
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

and Sentinel:
Alabama> Autauga>Nationwide>Common Aviation - USA>Aviation

DB Admins or Upman?

JTR604

Sentinel

My home patrol is unable to sent or get data from sentinel I have uninstalled and reinstalled the current software update but no luck. It has been awhile since I added some talkgroups but this just started not sure what is going on any ideas ?

JTR604

Sentinel

Not sure which one should I be using ? and where would I find the correct one ? Thanks

fmalloy

What Sentinel needs is an easier to use interface with better drag-and-drop support.

There should be a window of systems which can be reduced down to an entered zip and radius, and a FL window and you should be able to drag any system or multiple highlighted systems into the FL window, and prompted for a FL name and QK.

You should be able to edit FL data anywhere it's visible, not in just one special edit window.

One of the most common questions here is - "I got a new scanner, how do I select what I want to listen to?"

There is lots of room for improvement.

rwier

Vaguely aware of and how ACARS works, but don't you need something to decode it? Probably not loaded to the DB as it would be "noise".

If I'm wrong - sorry.

Only take 10 minutes to enter those 8 freqs.

Thanks Phask!
You're probably right, I was only trying to help the questioner and got curious, lol. I have no knowledge of what ACARS is composed of.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Off topic from the OP - but what do you use to decode ACARS?

I have way too many unused scanners and PC's. Need something to play with.

I ended up loading it by copying and pasting the ACARS frequncies into the favorites list

Status
Not open for further replies.