Adding WiFi to SDS200

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to add and configure my Vonet wifi bridge to my SDS200 to be able to use it wirelessly with Proscan. I'm having trouble getting it to work. I took the WiFi bridge out of the box and plugged it into the LAN port on the scanner and powered it with USB connector. I was able to 'see' a LAN configuration in the scanner with a DHCP-assigned IP address; but Proscan running on a laptop connected wirelessly to the same network couldn't see it.

Anybody have some advice and tips?

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
Check anti-virus software. May be blocking ProScan.
Worked thru all the Windows firewall permissions &etc. That didn't seem to be the issue (but I will double-check).
The Vonet device can serve both as a WiFi Bridge AND a Repeater. I'm wondering if I need to go configure it for a different mode rather than just use it out of the box?

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
Can you temporarily connect it thru a rj45 cable to scanner to get it working? That way you can focus your efforts on the differences due to wireless.

Not familiar with Vonet, but does the IP address assigned to scanner using Vonet adapter have same network ID as your pc running ProScan (first 3 sections of IP address)?

rrobinso84

Premium Subscriber
Correct it is not plug and play.
Read the Directions Follow the Directions and set it up with a static ip I have had mine running and received my SDS200 in the very 1st batch delivered.
Thanks, bud! That DID IT! All I had to do was get into the device via http://vonets.cfg and "connect" it to my wireless device. Once it had the source SSID and password, I rebooted the VAP11G, the plugged it back into the scanner and "poof" Proscan was able to connect! The trick was finding a machine with a LAN port! Thanks for the tip!