Addison County VT - Police ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
The Vermont State Police website says that the New Haven Barracks covers all areas in Addison County except -

Granville and Hancock (which are covered by the Royalton Barracks - they are on the other side of the mtns)

Middlebury has own PD

Bristol Village has own PD

Vergennes has own PD

The Addison County Sheriffs website mentions that they do road patrols, but there does not seem to be any unprotected areas for them to cover.

The Sheriff website also shows the same phone number for Vergennes PD and Bristol PD. Do they share a dispatch center?

If I had to guess, I would guess that there are 4 main police channels for Addison County. State Police + Sheriff + Vergennes / Bristol PDs + Middlebury PD.

Am I close?

amcare38

You're pretty close...here's what I can offer.

You're correct about the state police.

Middlebury has it's own police department. They self dispatch Monday-Saturday 7AM-11PM. Overnights & all day Sunday they're dispatched by VSP from the communications center in Rutland.

Vergennes & Bristol have police departments. They're dispatched 24/7 by the VSP communications center in Rutland. Bristol PD serves Bristol Village only.

Addison County Sheriff's contracts with numerous towns for road patrols (mainly traffic). Towns that don't have their own police departments are covered by VSP kind of by default, but they can contract with other agencies for coverage, usually a specified number of hours per week. ACSD used to have a 24/7 dispatcher but when their contract with the U.S. Marshall Service for a jail expired they eliminated the dispatch and now must go through VSP.

For frequencies there's VSP New Haven, Middlebury & Addison County.

Does that help?
QUOTE=zerg901;1932111]The Vermont State Police website says that the New Haven Barracks covers all areas in Addison County except -

Granville and Hancock (which are covered by the Royalton Barracks - they are on the other side of the mtns)

Middlebury has own PD

Bristol Village has own PD

Vergennes has own PD

The Addison County Sheriffs website mentions that they do road patrols, but there does not seem to be any unprotected areas for them to cover.

The Sheriff website also shows the same phone number for Vergennes PD and Bristol PD. Do they share a dispatch center?

If I had to guess, I would guess that there are 4 main police channels for Addison County. State Police + Sheriff + Vergennes / Bristol PDs + Middlebury PD.

Am I close?[/QUOTE]

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Is this the correct police channel line up for Addison County Vermont?

Sheriff - 155.415 R PL 118.8 + 155.415 R PL 186.2

Bristol PD + Vergennes PD - 460.40 - PL 118.8 - simplex

Middlebury PD - 453.625 R - PL 118.8 (except Sundays etc)

Middlebury PD - on Sundays etc - 460.275 R PL 151.4

State Police New Haven Barracks - 460.275 R - PL 151.4

Sheriffs Statewide - 460.45 R - PL 118.8

Police Mutual Aid - 460.50 simplex

The primary questions at this point area ->>> What freq is Sheriff on? - What freq is primary for Bristol PD + Vergennes PD?

amcare38

Addison County Sheriffs-155.415 Can't verify any PL. I've only been able to hear them CSQ.

Bristol & Vergennes PD's use VSP New Haven primary for dispatch & operations 460.275 (151.4). Never heard either using 460.400.

Most sheriffs depts have frequencies other than 460.450.

Other than above noted list is correct.
Is this the correct police channel line up for Addison County Vermont?

Sheriff - 155.415 R PL 118.8 + 155.415 R PL 186.2

Bristol PD + Vergennes PD - 460.40 - PL 118.8 - simplex

Middlebury PD - 453.625 R - PL 118.8 (except Sundays etc)

Middlebury PD - on Sundays etc - 460.275 R PL 151.4

State Police New Haven Barracks - 460.275 R - PL 151.4

Sheriffs Statewide - 460.45 R - PL 118.8

Police Mutual Aid - 460.50 simplex

The primary questions at this point area ->>> What freq is Sheriff on? - What freq is primary for Bristol PD + Vergennes PD?

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
OK thanks alot. The short and sweet list for Addison County Vermont police agencies is -

155.415 - Sheriff
460.275 - VSP + Bristol PD + Vergennes PD
453.625 - Middlebury PD
460.025 - Royalton VSP for Granville VT and Hancock VT
460.50 - mutual aid

Last edited:

Tower7Troll

Addison County Sheriff has added a repeater on what was their VHF Simplex channel back in summer 2011 or somewhere in that time frame.

They also left their "Simplexer" (a "repeater" that records and rebroadcasts the message on the same frequency) online.

amcare38

Correct
OK thanks alot. The short and sweet list for Addison County Vermont police agencies is -

155.415 - Sheriff
453.625 - Middlebury PD
460.50 - mutual aid

D

DaveNF2G

Addison County Sheriff has added a repeater on what was their VHF Simplex channel back in summer 2011 or somewhere in that time frame.

They also left their "Simplexer" (a "repeater" that records and rebroadcasts the message on the same frequency) online.

That device is normally referred to as a "translator" in the radio biz.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Tower7Troll - is the simplexer used to fill in a dead spot or something?

konabrian

WB2JIX
Premium Subscriber
Addison County

Do any of you folks have the BIG list of ALL Addison County Freq's including schools, business, fire, EMS etc., in .csv format to save me a ton of time?
I want to create an easy importable list for my PSR-800.

Thanks!

Brian/WB2JIX

mfdbenji

Premium Subscriber
Addison County Sheriff is now, at least on a part time basis, being dispatched by the Rutland County Sheriff's Departments in Rutland City in addition to there own center (business hours) in Middlebury.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber

155.415 - Sheriff
453.625 - Middlebury PD
460.50 - mutual aid

To refine this just a tad -

155.415 - Sheriff (weekdays)

460.275 - VSP + Bristol PD + Vergennes PD + Sheriff on nights and weekends + Middlebury PD on nights and Sundays

453.625 - Middlebury PD on days from Monday thru Saturday

460.50 - mutual aid

konabrian

WB2JIX
Premium Subscriber
Vermont State Police New Haven Channel 2

They have been testing on channel two today but I don't have that frequency. Anybody know it?
Thanks!
brian

Tower7Troll

It's a shame that ACSD has farmed out some of it's dispatching when they just put in a new modern console system...

Tower7Troll

That device is normally referred to as a "translator" in the radio biz.

I always understood a "translator" to be a relay station between a mobile or base and the repeater ? To fill in a gap where it wasn't necessary for a second repeater?

At least locally - the "simplex repeater" has donned the name "simplexer" -- even those of us "in the radio biz" ;)

Tower7Troll - is the simplexer used to fill in a dead spot or something?

ACSD went the simplex repeater route due to the geography in the area, and the inability to talk into the mountain top at all times. The hope was that by going that route another unit could hear them talking. Their radio's were CSQ on RX, and the only difference between two of the channels was the PL to allow a talk-around without rebroadcasting their message.

Status
Not open for further replies.