additional freqs in Greene County NY other than the database provides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugercpl

Premium Subscriber
ive been out of the scanning hobby for a few years and im reprogramming my HP1. I used to get local school buses and Hunter Mountain ops however im not getting any of that anymore after i downloaded the latest database. thx

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
Hey Ruger:

I had pretty much the same questions in the Schenectady County area when I got my HP-1 a couple months ago. Someone reminded me about the FCC database and it's been an invaluable tool for finding additional frequencies. Here is the link to the site:

License Search

I took the liberty of doing a VERY quick search for you and found these "Hunter Mtn Ski Bowl" freqs. Not sure if they help you or not:

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQRP711 - HUNTER MOUNTAIN SKI BOWL INC. - Frequencies Summary

I also recommend playing around with antenna search:

AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.

Good luck!

rugercpl

Premium Subscriber
thanks for that. To what benefit is the antennae search? what type of information can I use from it for scanning on my HP?

Hey Ruger:

I had pretty much the same questions in the Schenectady County area when I got my HP-1 a couple months ago. Someone reminded me about the FCC database and it's been an invaluable tool for finding additional frequencies. Here is the link to the site:

License Search

I took the liberty of doing a VERY quick search for you and found these "Hunter Mtn Ski Bowl" freqs. Not sure if they help you or not:

ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WQRP711 - HUNTER MOUNTAIN SKI BOWL INC. - Frequencies Summary

I also recommend playing around with antenna search:

AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.

Good luck!

smp928s

Premium Subscriber
You can search for antennas on say, a local business or school bus garage. Then you can look and see what frequency that entity is operating on. Also shows you where particular municipalities have antennas and what frequencies they are operating on. You can then take the frequency information and assuming it isn't in the database on your HP, make a favorites list and include it.

It is just another tool for figuring things out.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
The data base here is correct for Hunter Mtn.....the FCC license is not as of now....also please remember Narrowbanding has shortened a lot of transmissions that used to be heard...

Status
Not open for further replies.