additional GPS information in the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is for all you folks that have the XT scanners, or the 996/15 and are using it with GPS.

Way back when the 996 was just coming out, UPMan sponsored a contest of sorts to get location data for the then-new GPS functions gathered in one place. The data has been accumulated here...

BCD996T Lat-Lon - The RadioReference Wiki

Now I've suggested to the Chief that this data should really be in the database, now that it has the ability to store this information, but was turned down.

So if you are looking for location data for GPS, and can't find it in the database, please look here. It appears that the greatest concentration is in the Midwest and Intermountain regions, but there's a little information for other areas as well..

73 Mike

mmtstc

Premium Subscriber
is there anyone around this site that knows enough about working with Google Maps API's that we could create a manitpulatable map of some sort with tower sites for a given system or for a given county? and if so, can you put a manipulatable google map in a wiki article?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I believe you can already search out tower sites using the FCC database tools, which you get access to with the premium sub. As to a modifiable map within the wiki, not that I know of. Someone may well have developed an extension for it by now, though 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.