Additional Riverside PSEC site help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Received submission of what is believed two additional Riverside County PSEC control channels.

The submitter did not have software to gather the site details. (site number, other frequencies, NAC etc)

If there is anyone that can help ascertain it would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I can't copy from my location on Western side of LA County.

Thanks in advance

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Do we know where these two control channels are located roughly? Riverside County is so vast. Obviously this whole system is encrypted so most likely it will not matter anyways

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Looking at licences the two frequencies are shown at the following locations

771.13125 - Hemet & Desert Springs
773.21875 - Blythe

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
I am not sure anybody will head out to Hemet or Blythe to grab Control Channels. If it was worth the chase and for the greater good for listening then YES. But this system is pretty much dead to anyone since its completely nothing to listen too.

Wonder if Riverside Co fire will ever switch over to this system and go to a TRS system. I believe VHF is just working fine for them for now. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next 5 years or so

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Wonder if Riverside Co fire will ever switch over to this system and go to a TRS system. I believe VHF is just working fine for them for now. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next 5 years or so

To my knowledge, they have been pretty adamant about staying on VHF. I don’t see that changing under the CAL FIRE regime. The Emergency Command Center, fire prevention and chief officers have access to PSEC. There are fire talkgroups though.

Status
Not open for further replies.