Additional sites for future LAPD 700Mhz system

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG6GTH

Premium Subscriber
Probably so.. :(
Hopefully, divisional dispatch will remain in the clear.
Any idea on when this will go live? I remember in 2000 or so when LAPD went digital, it happened pretty suddenly.

Tnx and 73,
-de KG6EJT

Any idea on when this will go live?--------------------------------------------> That information will definitely not be listed out here, but if you have it in the scanner then you are good to go...;)

Engine104

Member since 2005
Any idea on when this will go live?--------------------------------------------> That information will definitely not be listed out here, but if you have it in the scanner then you are good to go...;)
LOL.. Got it :) Thanks.

I was mainly trying to get an idea of when I'd need to get a Phase-2 capable scanner for LAPD, LA-RICS, and Ventura Co's new system . All of my current scanners are not capable of receiving that or track 700Mhz systems.

KG6GTH

Premium Subscriber
Unfo
LOL.. Got it :) Thanks.

I was mainly trying to get an idea of when I'd need to get a Phase-2 capable scanner for LAPD, LA-RICS, and Ventura Co's new system . All of my current scanners are not capable of receiving that or track 700Mhz systems.

Unfortunately in the L.A. Area its the sign of the times..... The good thing is "T"Band isn't going anywhere.....

The bad thing the big "E" is gonna be coming to a lot of places too....

I would say don't break the bank now, but in the next year or so a good Phase II Scanner would be a good investment...

Engine104

Member since 2005
Unfo

Unfortunately in the L.A. Area its the sign of the times..... The good thing is "T"Band isn't going anywhere.....

The bad thing the big "E" is gonna be coming to a lot of places too....

I would say don't break the bank now, but in the next year or so a good Phase II Scanner would be a good investment...
Good to know.. Christmas is coming :)

Can you share if LAPD will go Big-E? I hope divisional dispatch, and maybe simplex will be in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.