Adjust WX alert tone volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaf

The weather alert tone volume on my BCD436HP knocks me out of my chair.

I've searched and haven't found any info on this.

Is there any way to lower it?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
The weather alert tone volume on my BCD436HP knocks me out of my chair.

I've searched and haven't found any info on this.

Is there any way to lower it?
Further to that, it's also a well known fact that tones transmitted over radio waves will be louder, clearer, and travel farther than voice. Just ask any one of us who carries a pager for Fire or EMS. It's something you just have to get used to.

Snaf

Thanks for the info.

Interesting that my I can adjust the alert tone volume on my countertop plug-in weather radio. Is this rule specific to handhelds?

I'm just going to turn it off since I do have the other radio to alert me and I only listen to the scanner in the house anyway. It was just a little more convenient to have alerts on the scanner as well.

It seems like a counterproductive requirement. I would think the powers that be would be happy with someone having the alerts on even at a lower volume rather than off altogether. But then, maybe I'm one of the very few who finds this annoying.

Cheers.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I don't think so - I have Recton(sp) - higher end one. It meets some type of standard allowing use in school's and such - no adjustment. I had an older Rat Shack that did.

QUOTE=Snaf;2796504]Thanks for the info.

Interesting that my I can adjust the alert tone volume on my countertop plug-in weather radio. Is this rule specific to handhelds?

I'm just going to turn it off since I do have the other radio to alert me and I only listen to the scanner in the house anyway. It was just a little more convenient to have alerts on the scanner as well.

It seems like a counterproductive requirement. I would think the powers that be would be happy with someone having the alerts on even at a lower volume rather than off altogether. But then, maybe I'm one of the very few who finds this annoying.

Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.