Adjustable Attic/Outdoor Antenna & Weather Station Mounting Pole Universal Mount Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking about buying a few of these for scanner & OTA TV antennas. All the antennas would be small, light weight and I could mount these on the back slope of my two story roof just below the peak and the HOA nazie wouldn't see any of them! :sneaky:

Amazon.com: PBD Adjustable Attic/Outdoor Antenna & Weather Station Mounting Pole Universal Mount Brackets
Amazon.com: PBD Adjustable Attic/Outdoor Antenna & Weather Station Mounting Pole Universal Mount Brackets - Easy Installation, Solid Structure, Weather Proof (1" Diameter,16.5" Arm Length): Home Audio & Theater
I'm thinking about buying a few of these for scanner & OTA TV antennas. All the antennas would be small, light weight and I could mount these on the back slope of my roof just below the peak and the HOA nazie wouldn't see any of them!

1600452107279.png

MDScanFan

Go for it. I have used that style mount for both internal and external lightweight antennas without any issues. I have not used the particular brand you reference. I have used one from Stellar Labs that is about the same price. “19" Inch J Pole Antenna Mount by Stellar Labs”, model 33-10914. They can be found on eBay and various websites.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Go for it. I have used that style mount for both internal and external lightweight antennas without any issues. I have not used the particular brand you reference. I have used one from Stellar Labs that is about the same price. “19" Inch J Pole Antenna Mount by Stellar Labs”, model 33-10914. They can be found on eBay and various websites.

It would certainly be better than inside my office on the ground floor!

MDScanFan

That is true. It may not be relevant to your situation, but something I have contemplated is whether an attic mounted antenna or a roof mounted antenna with an equivalent height (below peak) offers much of a difference. In the unobstructed direction the roof antenna has a clear field of view but in the other direction the antenna has to look through the roof twice. I guess it depends on a lot of variables such as frequency, where the primary signals are coming from, what’s in the attic, etc. From a noise standpoint outside is better.

It would certainly be better than inside my office on the ground floor!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
That is true. It may not be relevant to your situation, but something I have contemplated is whether an attic mounted antenna or a roof mounted antenna with an equivalent height (below peak) offers much of a difference. In the unobstructed direction the roof antenna has a clear field of view but in the other direction the antenna has to look through the roof twice. I guess it depends on a lot of variables such as frequency, where the primary signals are coming from, what’s in the attic, etc. From a noise standpoint outside is better.

Good point. My attic materials are good for RF access. That ways I wouldn't have to poke holes in the new roof either! No weather proofing issues either!

a417

U+0000
People discard the Dish TV mounting poles all the time around here, you can find them in the for free section of craigslist and curbside on trash night. Basically the same thing, but with more free!

MDScanFan

I suggest considering the attic mount first in your situation and see how you like it. Those mounts work well in the attic for mounting to beams.

Good point. My attic materials are good for RF access. That ways I wouldn't have to poke holes in the new roof either! No weather proofing issues either!

Status
Not open for further replies.