Adrian, MI - Lenawee takes step toward new 911 radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Sure they do, and that's what the article is talking about. They'll have to add towers as right now there's one in Adrian and other than that, not a many (if any) other towers already setup. MPSCS was designed for, I think, 97% mobile coverage. A simulcast system with at least 5 towers would likely be needed to increase portable coverage to that figure.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Sure they do, and that's what the article is talking about. They'll have to add towers as right now there's one in Adrian and other than that, not a many (if any) other towers already setup. MPSCS was designed for, I think, 97% mobile coverage. A simulcast system with at least 5 towers would likely be needed to increase portable coverage to that figure.

You're correct. The ideal long-term plan would be erect a multi-site simulcast system. There are currently two MPSCS towers in Lenawee County. The first is located in Adrian, but isn't that tall, and would likely be rebuilt. While the other is located in Manitou Beach, which is in the northwest part of the county. With that said, they should be able to catch some decent coverage from the current simulcast systems in Monroe and Washtenaw Counties, when operating on the borders of these aforementioned areas.

73's

Ron

ab8sf

I like the part where they didn't know if they would need new antennas. That's the type of thing that allows companies to come in and sell the customer a poor system.. Glad they're working with neighboring counties - that should alleviate the potential for incompatibility.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Joining MPSCS would help out HVA units in the county, and make life easier when working with Washtenaw agencies.

Sent via Tapatalk

nsrailfan6130

It would not only benefit Washtenaw, but, Monroe as well. Don't forget that in a cross-county mutual aid situation, Dundee, Milan, Petersburg, & Ottawa Lake could talk to Britton, Deerfield, & Riga. I know I am kinda putting the horse before the cart on this next part of my comment, One does have to wonder though if there wouldn't be some interop bridge for Lucas Co. & Fulton Co. in Ohio I say Lucas & Fulton because the southern portion of Lenawee (Riga Township is on top of Richfield Twp. in Lucas Co. As well as Metamora, Delta, Lyons, & Fayette in Fulton Co). I do apologize if I did go a tad overboard here, but, I was just kind of curious.

Thunderbolt

I know I am kinda putting the horse before the cart on this next part of my comment, One does have to wonder though if there wouldn't be some interop bridge for Lucas Co. & Fulton Co. in Ohio I say Lucas & Fulton because the southern portion of Lenawee (Riga Township is on top of Richfield Twp. in Lucas Co. As well as Metamora, Delta, Lyons, & Fayette in Fulton Co).

The Lenawee County radios would have the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System talkgroups programmed into their radios. Likewise, Fulton and Lucas County fire and police departments would have the MPSCS talkgroups for Lenawee County in their radios as well. I believe next year is when the Northwest Ohio Regional Public Safety System, will be migrated into the new MARCS-IP P25 TRS. Should make things rather interesting.

73's

Ron

nsrailfan6130

Well, I would think, Once that happened, they (Lenawee, Monroe, & Hillsdale) will get P2 compatible radios that can tie into Lucas & Fulton at least. Guess it's time for me to start saving my pennies too! ;)

Thunderbolt

Well, I would think, Once that happened, they (Lenawee, Monroe, & Hillsdale) will get P2 compatible radios that can tie into Lucas & Fulton at least. Guess it's time for me to start saving my pennies too! ;)

I believe the Morenci Fire Dept., does have 700 MHz radio equipment. Since they cover quite a bit of real estate in Fulton County, and make EMS runs as well across the border into Ohio. I wonder if they have any talkgroups on the MPSCS they can use on these new digital radios?

73's

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.