ADS-B accurate?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
AADS-B is something that I haven't tried yet, so I started looking into it and I ran across this story below. Any of you guys familiar with this incident? There seems to be a lot of strange things going on lately!

False readings over Washington D.C.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
That article is a gigantic nothingburger. Those targets aren't that uncommon. TBH, I don't know specifically what those represent, but I have seen them in various areas of the country....Unrealistically high altitude, stationary, with bogus/unassigned hex codes (usually starting with ADF***). The ones I have seen are usually co-located with FAA radio sites.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Like I said it's all new to me. I figured you guys would know and be able to explain things. Thanks!

dkcorlfla

I live directly under the ILS to 180L at Orlando Int Airport (MCO) and when my map display show a distance of .0 or .1 miles I can hear the airplane and can see it's straight up :) I also get the alt readout and it's always between 2500 and 3000 feet.

BTW - I figured out how to configure PiAware for local display only, no feeds. Send me a PM if any questions.

Enjoy, Dale

ind224

I'm 11 miles out 23L / R at KIND ADSBexchange is spot on but I have to use Brave browser on my Win 10 PC as Chrome will not show my location correctly perhaps server based location? Like DK says, the planes are shown in real time. Got lucky and had an Atlas 747 from Belgium this AM. Our published minimum is 2600'.