Ads Upon Clicking A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

When I click a thread usually in any of the forums.. It goes to an odd offsite advertisement site usually and I have to back up or put in the RR address again and do it again and it will usually work. This has happened for about a week now, is it normal or is it possibly a computer problem? Anybody else having this issue?

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Yep - that's not normal. You might want to run a scan on that computer for any adware/malware you might have inadvertantly picked up.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
If you're a firefox user, there's a addon called ghostery. It does a real good job of stopping adware from seeing where you go on the net.

n9zas

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
If you're a firefox user, there's a addon called ghostery. It does a real good job of stopping adware from seeing where you go on the net.

n9zas

BTW - thanks for the discussion of a similar topic in a recent thread - I started using DNT+ and have blocked over 2200 instances of ad networks and companies trying to track my surfing in the last week. :cool:

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Adblock+ is another good Firefox addon. It blocks ads and your browser will run a lot faster as it doesn't have to load all the ads and associated graphics.

Ghostery is instant and doesn't even load the graphics. Just a box listing the ads trying to come thru with a line thru them.
But yes, adblock is another good one.

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.