Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I wish he'd come out with an Android App. Right now I'm using a plane tracking App (can't remember its name now) that is filtered. With an ADS-B Excahnge App it could use your GPS location which would be nice.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Two apps that uses ADSBexchange data.

OpenADSB iPhone and iPad app.
• Comes preconfigured using ADS-B Exchange data.
• Configurable to show military and interesting aircraft only or both.
or
ADSB Flight Tracker app (uses ADSBexchange data)
For users with android smartphones.

—————————————-
Freedar.uk
These apps uses data from ADSBhub.org

——————-
PlaneMapper.com uses data from ADSBhub.org
(iOS app will come out around April,2020)

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't like it. However, I'm resistant to change and I'm sure I'll learn to like it. Much more importantly is that it will scale a lot better than VRS. VRS was taking its toll on things over at ADSBEx.

m

krokus

Premium Subscriber
The new interface looks like Dump1090, and the maps were not staying north is up. We'll see how things shake out.

I normally use the ADSB Flight Tracker app on Android, with mixed success.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Two apps that uses ADSBexchange data.

OpenADSB iPhone and iPad app.
• Comes preconfigured using ADS-B Exchange data.
• Configurable to show military and interesting aircraft only or both.
or
ADSB Flight Tracker app (uses ADSBexchange data)
For users with android smartphones.

ADSB Flight Tracker looks interesting. I have an Android so that's what I'd have to use. Thanks.

BM82557

Looks like a problem with the github version, it didn't show a mil a/c that was displayed on the prod version -

Screenshot - 1_6_2020 , 20_18_48.pngScreenshot - 1_6_2020 , 20_19_55.png

cg

Premium Subscriber
Really like the new interface.
If I sort by Ident, I don't get the full list of aircraft in view. Out of 200, I can only see around 60 or so (scrolled down to the end). Nothing in the Forums that is recent about a new test interface so I am posting here.

chris

BM82557

Anyone know what TXTSUAT is that from the latitude and longitude displayed is located IAD (Dulles International Airport) ? It appears to be Harris Corporation.

Screenshot - 1_18_2020 , 21_21_03.pngScreenshot - 1_18_2020 , 21_19_15.pngScreenshot - 1_18_2020 , 21_17_53.png

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Like the setup and ease of moving to the home airport. But miss several features and information on ADS-B Exchange like operator codes, aircraft photos, ability to filter by species (giving you a list to choose from) and aircraft users/owners names.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Anyone know what TXTSUAT is that from the latitude and longitude displayed is located IAD (Dulles International Airport) ? It appears to be Harris Corporation.
I don't have a clue, but given that the last three characters are "UAT", I'd suspect something to do with some 978 MHz Universal Access Transmitter equipment. Harris is in the ADS-B business.

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Great posts. Just getting back into ADS-B. Previously was using ADS-B# and ADS-BScope and an SDR dongle. Discone antenna as a sky hook. Was thinking of RTL1090 for retrieving the raw data followed by ADS-BScope for decoding. Any suggestions are appreciated. I am running this on a laptop though. Thanks.

K4HLW

Yes it is a new feature and many more are to come, updates to the Beta map are happening daily, it is based on tar1090 and its developer is now part of the ADS-B Exchange team. Once the bulk of development is done the plan is to sit down and write up some instructions.

If you really want to follow along or have questions the best place to ask is in the ADS-B Exchange discord channel: Join the ADSBExchange Discord Server!

Status
Not open for further replies.