Advanced DSP Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpetraglia

What is the proper settings?the last EZ Scan update changed all my settings.
You can use the default option to set all to factory defaults. I suspect that is how they end up after the update. The proper settings vary for each user. You'll have to make small adjustments and see what works best for you.

rwier

What is the proper settings?the last EZ Scan update changed all my settings.

It is my opinion that the DSP settings interact in some manner with the DDT Settings (Multi-Site Settings). I also believe that the "best" settings are possibly influenced by the radio/antenna and/or model/location. If I remember correctly, the DSP was native at 64 and the DDT at 75 Low 95 High. It was a few years back, but after 10-20 hours of trial/error (very subjective) spread over a couple of months, I settled on DSP 52 and DDT 15 Low 95 High.

Also, all of the above was done after deciding that (in most cases) I would scan only single sites (preferred Site as determined by the HP-1E analysis features). This requires adding a "dummy" Site (locked out, no freq's) to the single Site, in order to activate (un-gray) the DDT settings.

All of the above allowed me to go from (new out of the box) hearing about 40% of the transmissions, with no lock-on longer than 8 seconds (most less than 5 seconds) to solid, hear every word, for as long as the transmission lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.