Advent Health Orlando / Volusia / Seminole / Osceola

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
So I got bored today.... this is the system I'm posting about: AdventHealth Trunking System, Orlando, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Here is what I came up with -- all the things in red are new and/or different from the information in the above link. The Blue font is the existing entry in the RR Db

Yes, I know that (supposedly) all of the Advent system is encrypted w/ RAS.

I would, however, like to confirm the sites - and whether they are DMR Cap+ / Standalone / Analog, etc. if possible:

1599511043374.png

Attachments

• 1599510875234.png
    1599510875234.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 9

CanesFan95

God, why is there so much damn encryption in Whorelando? There's something funny in the air over there. But DSD+ tells you if it's Cap+ or just DMR. And when someone keys up on Cap+, it'll tell you the LCN of that frequency.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I know it's off topic but, yeah, I was shocked to find so much encryption in "Whorelando" :)
Moving up here from Miami, where the majority of LE is unencrypted although, they have encrypted tg's when needed.

As far as Advent Health, my guess is they need to have it due to HIPPA laws?
Don't have DMR on my scanner yet, can't help batdude with that...

CanesFan95

Business radio activity has always been very dead here in the Tampa area for some reason. But I've listened to hospital comm's and it's very rare that they actaully talk about patients. It's usually maintenance or security. Maybe some housekeeping.

But I've always had a suspicion there's sime kinna encryption conspiracy going on over there in Orlando. Like there's some radio business owners/techs that all know each other and do this on purpose.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand what info, if any, anyone with a vested interest, can gather off those comms.
I hear a patient's name, symptoms, what have you, how's that is gonna violate anyone's privacy under HIPPA laws?

That's not very specific. If they were to broadcast social security numbers, addresses, then yeah, I can see them encrypting that but, I highly doubt they do anyways.

I am more interested in hearing the particulars of a helicopter landing off site than, what ails Joe/Jane Blow.

As far as encryption in Orange County, there must have been some bad precedent, a really bad one, that I'm not aware off.

Again, where I'm from, Miami Dade County, world renowned, drug trafficking capital of the 80's, PD comms, unencrypted...

Orange County Florida, home of World Disney, ENCRYPTED...

Wonder what was it that drove them to encrypt.

In contrast, Seminole, Volusia, Brevard, Polk, unencrypted.

Point is, how the hell encryption helps anything?

Yeah, it does have its place when REALLY sensitive stuff goes down such as in a SWAT situation or surveillance of a high profile criminal.

But normal day to day calls, like, when there's a traffic incident that can delay my commute to work or, PD is looking for an armed subject near my home, yeah, I want to know about that! ( Actually had this happen to me, when I was living in Homestead Fla., MDPD was looking for a home invasion suspect near me, I was at home, on the porch, and was able to alert my family, get inside, secure my home and be on the lookout).

I used to be a cop in the 80's.
Scanners were plentiful and available, never seemed to be a hindrance to my work, never there was an arrest, investigation foiled because of this, AFAIK.

Should be no different in 2020.

Encryption in Orange County Florida, IMHO, has not been a deterrence to crime, at all.

On FaceBook, I follow OCSO and have commented, time and again, where an open system, could help them. Granted, there are no big numbers of us out there with scanners, but, the very few of us that do, could if the situation arose.

What good does it do, to post incidents on internet media, long after the fact?

In real time, someone with a scanner, is an extra pair of eyes and ears that could help solve a crime.

batdude

As far as encryption in Orange County, there must have been some bad precedent, a really bad one, that I'm not aware off.
media, long after the fact?
I can tell you that in the days of the 1F36 smartnet / smartzone days
... there were many instances of people being caught with illegitimate radios on the system.. and I seem to recall there were more than a few arrests regarding programming radios... I would guess is is a direct correlation to OC and Orlando PD going secure.

Oscelola and most of the police agencies near Disney on that system are also ENC.

is what it is. since OC and Orlando gave radios to the news media, they stopped doing negative stories on the encryption... shocking

doug

batdude

All sites are LCP+, RAS and all TGs encrypted.
I stated the system was Encrypted in my original post.... keep in mind that there are aspects to the hobby other than just listening to the voice transmissions! Figuring out system architecture - and frequency use - is about of the same importance to me as listening to the audio.

This is especially valuable when you can nail down a user to a specific freq / site ... and have good data when the bands open up.

just a different perspective.

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
I took the "supposedly" in your first post as you didn't have confirmation of that. Sorry..

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.