Advice for New Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okie1960

Premium Subscriber
Been using a Uniden BCT15X the last few years (TrunkTracker III) & it has worked well both base & mobile. A few months ago the Duncan Police Dept & the Stephens County SO went to digital technology, & I understand it is something called "DMR". I know my unit is analog, but am looking to upgrade to a digital scanner that maintains the quality & receiving ability of my BCT15X & include the newer digital technology both the DMR & what others may be transitioning to. Not sure whether portable or stay with a base/mobile like what I have been using. Have been told one agency is using DMR called MotoTRBO, whatever kind of system that is.

Any advice appreciated, as I've noticed the prices are higher on the digital radios, but want something that with work well & last a while without being out of date 6 months after I upgrade. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Looking at your county in the RR database, the Uniden BCD996P2 would suit you nicely. Try to find one used that already has the DMR upgrade, otherwise it is $60. The OKWIN P25 system used throughout Oklahoma is not showing any simulcast use so no need to go with anything pricier.

jdasho

Premium Subscriber
I live over in Ardmore and have the 436hp with DMR upgrade. With my external antenna attached, I can hear both LE agencies just fine.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Looking at your county in the RR database, the Uniden BCD996P2 would suit you nicely. Try to find one used that already has the DMR upgrade, otherwise it is $60. The OKWIN P25 system used throughout Oklahoma is not showing any simulcast use so no need to go with anything pricier.
While it is not flagged as Simulcast, the Tulsa site does appear to set up that way.

However, the OP's county is not ,, only a single transmit tower for OKWIN P25.

Status
Not open for further replies.