advice on future scanner purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
I am a very experienced scanner user. Right now I have BCT996xt but am looking to upgrade to something like the 536HD from bearcat due to it's capable of the new Phase 2 apco 25 tdma, but what I really want to know is it better to wait because I am not sure if a more capable scanner is coming down the pike. Any inside info would be appreciated. I like the ability to scanner pretty much any type trunking i can plus standard.

N8IAA

I am a very experienced scanner user. Right now I have BCT996xt but am looking to upgrade to something like the 536HD from bearcat due to it's capable of the new Phase 2 apco 25 tdma, but what I really want to know is it better to wait because I am not sure if a more capable scanner is coming down the pike. Any inside info would be appreciated. I like the ability to scanner pretty much any type trunking i can plus standard.

Your question as to what you need for the future, should be asked in the CA state forum. Then ask about Phase II. Oh, and it isn't smart to post your phone numbers in your signature. Same with e-mail addresses.
HTH,
Larry

Last edited:

jasonhouk

I would truly wait to see what Whistler has to offer in the coming months before subjecting yourself to Uniden's public alpha test. They (Whistler) have mentioned a trade-in/trade-up offer that could possibly save you some $$$ and also the newer receivers that will do more than just Phase II with useless bells and whistles. Just my opinion.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I would truly wait to see what Whistler has to offer in the coming months before subjecting yourself to Uniden's public alpha test. They (Whistler) have mentioned a trade-in/trade-up offer that could possibly save you some $$$ and also the newer receivers that will do more than just Phase II with useless bells and whistles. Just my opinion.

Excellent Advice wb6sub, I strongly agree with jasonhouk.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Yeah, real bright fellow you are. All I have to do now is do a reverse lookup on your home phone number and then I'll know where you live (wrings hands diabolocally...)

Seriously, I really don't care where you live, but I'm sure some sickos do.

You really should take your phone numbers down.

wb6sub

Premium Subscriber
i wouldn't go slamming someone like their stupid i just asked a question. The door to my house isn't to protect me but to protect that idiot who wants to do harm to me or my family from me. As for real bright I am not sure how smart I am but my military entrance tests placed me at the top 1 percent.

For those who kept on the subject thank you for your advice

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sence all stuff going to encryption i wouldn't waste any money on a new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.