Advice on how to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4BOZ

Premium Subscriber
I've recently dedicated a computer in another part of my room to Unitrunker, recording and possible use for APRS/Echolink stuff or even a scanner feed. I've situated the computer next to a window where it's easy for me to run cable to my RF stuff but where the computer is located doesn't necessarily allow for comfort while playing around with whatever programs I've got running at the time.

What I'd like to be able to do is access this computer remotely using VNC or something similar but with the computers connected directly through each computer's Ethernet port. Is this possible and if so, what are any drawbacks to doing this and how would I go about setting this up? Would it also be possible to bridge my wifi connection on my main computer to the remote one so I can access the Internet when I need to (the remote computer doesn't have a wifi adapter at the moment) and how would I go about doing that?

Any help in the form of basic instruction or even discouragement from going this route is appreciated. Thanks!

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Try this, http://www.logmein.com/ This way you don't have to have a direct connection and will work with one computer using wifi. It will also give you access if you are away from home. They have a free version which probably does everything you need.

Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.