AEP Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOK5CY

Update on this location for AEP radio tower . The tower that is located along Hwy 59 isn't 2 miles south of the county line of delaware and owatta . Further more it can not be set up for trunked . The arrays are to high it's looks to be set up for cell phone coverage .

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
A little bit of extra info would help please. Not many people know what AEP means. Attach the FCC Call sign so we can at least look up what your talking about.

nd5y

AEP is
or
The tower is probably location #1 on

The rest makes no sense.

KOK5CY

Ok from looking at the map . Tower site #2 is correct . not sure of tower #3 but I'll check on that site when I get to Grove . But for sure #1 isn't AEP because the arrays are mounted at the top of the tower . I checked the license and the last company that owned it was Nextel and it's license was cancelled . But tower #2 is legit

mattwillson

Is the tower still there, on the west side of 59? The tower you described sounds like the one on the east side of the road, WQOQ944 Grandlinx. Nextel and AEP did share the tower that I included a picture of.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210601-132700_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210601-132700_Maps.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 26

KOK5CY

That's not the tower I was referring to . The tower site is off of Hwy 125 between 59 and the Hwy going to monkey island . Anyway the tower you took a pic of doesn't have arrays for a trunked radio system . I don't know why AEP updated the license for that site it's not set up for their new radio system . I haven't had a chance to go look at the Grove site yet but the tower in south Delaware county is a AEP , OHP and Sheriff dept shared tower .

KOK5CY

It works like a cell tower . those flat white looking boards are your arrays . every cell tower has a pair on each leg . I can not upload a pic but those are arrays . The tower in question doesn't have a set of arrays at the top or anywhere on it .
I've said enough .

Status
Not open for further replies.