Aep

Status
Not open for further replies.

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Any locals listen to aep in southwest Vrignia?

Hearing traffic on the site frequencies of the Hasonville Site that are not tracking...

What am i missing here, I thought if I was properly tracking a site Id get all the traffic...

Im not !

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Mike,

What kind of radio are you using? Some Radio Shack scanners won't properly track an EDACS system if the first LCN is in the X00 position. If you are hearing traffic but not tracking, this is a possibility.

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Re:

Its a BC898T

So I switch to conventional and im hearing traffic, yet when set as trunking im reading a couple talk groups...

Ok so the lcn issue? Does this mean when i program in the frequencies I need to order them specifically? BTW the control ch thats listed here in the RR db is not active...the control ch is like lcn 3

Last edited:

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
kf4uel said:
Its a BC898T

So I switch to conventional and im hearing traffic, yet when set as trunking im reading a couple talk groups...

Ok so the lcn issue? Does this mean when i program in the frequencies I need to order them specifically? BTW the control ch thats listed here in the RR db is not active...the control ch is like lcn 3

I'm pretty sure that anything which scans EDACS will require your channels to be in LCN order. And as Lynn stated above, just being in order is not good enough for the Radio Shack GRE scanners. In those, you have to make sure that your LCN# matches the scanner's actual channel # in the bank involved.

If no one comes up to address your specific model radio, just enter the frequencies in LCN order and let us know how it goes.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Re:

Thanks! I rearranged them and still followed the usual tg's Ill have to wait till theres sum bad weather to find out. I found what i think is lcn order on the fcc database...I updated scannerfood.com's research page to show the new general menu reports page.

Theres only 4 frequencies at this site so I got 10 more possible combinations AHH

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Mike,

This is from the RRDB for AEP

513 Hansonville, VA 01 856.91250 02 858.91250 03 859.91250 04 854.91250

01 is LCN 1, 02, is LCN 2, etc.

For an EDACS system, these all need to be present and they need to be in this order.

Ten42

I use a BC780 to monitor AEP, so far no problems, I am in Danville, far cry from Hansonville, but the site I monitor seems to be working fine. It is programmed with the LCN in order. The site here links the Roanoke, Rocky Mount, Fieldale, divisons and occasionally a Lynchburg, Christiansburg and Hillsville unit will come thru. Personally, I think the AEP EDACS system is the best trunking system around. It works circles around every Motorola TRS I monitor, for what its worth. Have you ever heard any traffic on those STORM talkgroups?

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Re

I think the lcn order for hansonville is wrong then, Ill make a correction if I hear that other traffic, The control CH's indicated are different soooo..
My next try is mirror'ing the Frequency Id's in the FCC database..

Ill post my findings when theres some traffic.

Never heard the storm tgs, I know VSP's Medlfight uses thier system or at least they used to....

And you're right there system is awesome, Wish we had cell service like it down here....Ive never been anywhere I couldnt hear em...

Last edited:

LEH

Premium Subscriber
In an EDACS system, knowing the specific control channels is really a mute point. You have to have all the channels in the scanner in order to listen and properly track it.

gcgrotz

I'm going to have to try them. They cover southern Albemarle, I'll have to find out where they have a site up here. I know there is one at Tobacco Row Mtn in Amherst County.

Anybody know Rappahannock Co-op frequencies to my north? I don't see them in the DB.

Last edited:

appalachianscanner

Premium Subscriber
Re:

Looks like I found the new lcn order
Ill submit a correction after I listen a bit more.
Sounds like a good time to make a wiki on determining lcn order thats not greek :p

instead of
01 856.91250
02 858.91250
03 859.91250
04 854.91250

So if I have this theory correct I was missing convos on 858 and 854 since i had 6 and 9 in the correct order? while the second and last frequency were out of order any traffic on those frequencies were not tracking...right?

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
gcgrotz said:
Anybody know Rappahannock Co-op frequencies to my north? I don't see them in the DB..

If I remember right, it was 153.41 and 153.71, both with 156.7 PL. But I seem to remember someone (maybe Dave Shoenberger) saying that they were constructing something like Open Sky, MPT1237, or something else that we can't trunk-track.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Status
Not open for further replies.