AF1 Approaching ATL, Any CAP Heard?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
AF1 is about to land in ATL for POTUS overnight visit, wondering if anyone local is hearing CAP fighters or tanker? Nothing showing on ADSBx.

12:00 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Atlanta, Georgia, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
2:40 PM THE PRESIDENT participates in a campaign event
4:45 PM THE PRESIDENT participates in a campaign reception

Sunday, May 19, 2024

EDT

8:00 AM THE PRESIDENT departs en route to Morehouse College
9:00 AM THE PRESIDENT delivers the 2024 Morehouse College commencement address
11:40 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Atlanta, Georgia en route to Detroit, Michigan, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport

Capture2.JPG

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
AF1 is about to land in ATL for POTUS overnight visit, wondering if anyone local is hearing CAP fighters or tanker? Nothing showing on ADSBx.

12:00 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Atlanta, Georgia, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
2:40 PM THE PRESIDENT participates in a campaign event
4:45 PM THE PRESIDENT participates in a campaign reception

Sunday, May 19, 2024

EDT

8:00 AM THE PRESIDENT departs en route to Morehouse College
9:00 AM THE PRESIDENT delivers the 2024 Morehouse College commencement address
11:40 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Atlanta, Georgia en route to Detroit, Michigan, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport

View attachment 162336
I tracked a KC-135 northbound over Charlotte around 12:30pm today(Saturday). It showed up on Flightradar24, rare for most military. Guessing it was involved with the Atlanta CAP

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I tracked a KC-135 northbound over Charlotte around 12:30pm today(Saturday). It showed up on Flightradar24, rare for most military. Guessing it was involved with the Atlanta CAP

If it was it was really late to the party, POTUS landed at noon and CAP starts 30-60 minutes before arrival.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
If I remember correctly, tracking showed the KC-135 departed Jax, FL heading north, overflying Charlotte. I didn't follow it after Charlotte,

eorange

♦RF Enabled Member♦
wondering if anyone local is hearing CAP fighters or tanker? Nothing showing on ADSBx.
I've never seen CAP fighters or otherwise on ADSBx. At most I've seen T-38s down south and surprisingly an A-10 in NW Ohio. But that's it. Unless you meant 'tankers on ADSBx' which always happens, either with CAP or training missions.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've never seen CAP fighters or otherwise on ADSBx. At most I've seen T-38s down south and surprisingly an A-10 in NW Ohio. But that's it.
CAP fighters occasionally show up as TIS-B hits, tankers sow up more often.

Suspect this may have been a cap tanker?

BANKR13 turned on ADSB at 37k feet for the ride home.

Yes todays CAP tankers were using BANKR callsigns, they'll be back up tomorrow morning.

Last edited: