AF1/POTUS Visit Thursday Cleveland Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

lowes1

I've never heard of Air Force 1 landing at Burke. Almost any time that I remember, Air Force One lands at Hopkins. At times, Marine 1 may take the president by air from Hopkins. Otherwise, the president is normally transported by motorcade from Hopkins.

budevans

I've never heard of Air Force 1 landing at Burke. Almost any time that I remember, Air Force One lands at Hopkins. At times, Marine 1 may take the president by air from Hopkins. Otherwise, the president is normally transported by motorcade from Hopkins.
When I saw N1GAW's post yesterday, I had the same thought as lowes1. Why would the President land at Burke if he's not making an appearance in Cleveland? Burke is farther away from Clyde than Hopkins.

Burke just seems like a really odd choice.

budevans

Regardless of what it states, Burke airport can't handle AF-1. Runways are too short for that plane. Marine 1, yes.
Someone needs to tell the National Air Show that Burke can't handle the largest planes. They've been on display every year that I've attended for the last 60 years.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
When I saw N1GAW's post yesterday, I had the same thought as lowes1. Why would the President land at Burke if he's not making an appearance in Cleveland? Burke is farther away from Clyde than Hopkins.

Burke just seems like a really odd choice.

It is only 12 miles from his evening fundraiser.

Untitled.png

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Any Air Force aircraft carrying POTUS is considered AF1. Doesn't matter if its the 747, 757, 737, or a Sabre liner. As long as its an AF aircraft and POTUS is onboard, its AF1.

Swipesy

N9JCQ has the correct answer. When the POTUS was here last to visit he came into Burke and then when to AK.Can using a 737. All the jets the POTUS uses are AF1.

N8IAA

Someone needs to tell the National Air Show that Burke can't handle the largest planes. They've been on display every year that I've attended for the last 60 years.

OOPS.....:censored:

But, I have to say when I used to go the airshows, biggest plane I ever saw land there was Fat Albert. Though the Angels flew out of Hopkins.

N8IAA

Actually the Thunder Birds fly from Hopkins. The Blue Angles fly from Burke.

Well, in my way back machine, which goes back too many years to count, They all flew out of Burke, then Hopkins because of the lake gulls. If that's changed in the many years I've been away, so be it. The older I get, the more my memory changes.

Last time I saw the Angels and T-birds was here in GA at Dobbins AFB. No problems landing large planes there. ;)

budevans

With the President scheduled to visit Cleveland, Ohio on Thursday the 6th, the military always brings in the air and ground support vehicles early. Today the Marines have been flying around the area and practicing for Thursday's arrival.

The aircraft are VH-3D's Sea King's and V-22 Osprey's. Keep your eyes to the sky to see some truly unique aircraft.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
N9JCQ has the correct answer. When the POTUS was here last to visit he came into Burke and then when to AK.Can using a 737. All the jets the POTUS uses are AF1.

More precisely --All the Air Force jets POTUS uses are AF1 (and only when he is on board). If he flies on another services aircraft. then it is "<service name> 1" when he is on board. And if he flies on a civilian aircraft, it would be "Executive 1". Family of presidents have done that and while on board the aircraft is "Executive 1 Foxtrot".

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Busy day ahead for POTUS and listening in the Cleveland area including two airports, Burke Lakefront Airport for AF1 and Sandusky County Regional Airport Landing Zone for another stop (not AF1). Full public schedule is available on :

lowes1

Marine 1 has landed at Burke. Will transport the president from Burke westward for the Clyde appearance and then back to Burke. To be followed by a very short motorcade for the Bratenahl appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.