AFD Sq 14 first call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora: 20500 E. Arap Road at Grandview HS 16 y/o male football player down in the end zone, no feeling in his legs, E-13 onscene, Squad-14 and Batt-3 enroute and AirLife on a AB standby.

O/F 123.075, Aur-800, Online

Jim<

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
They actually did that. They put a squad in that station. Jim, do you know if it is a bls or als squad. I heard it was going to be a bls unit.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I saw the thread earlier and for some reason I thought I had read or heard that they were staffing it bls in a suburban and trying to get RM to staff a unit out of there all the time. I guess I misread it.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
k0pwo said:
Ok, I saw the thread earlier and for some reason I thought I had read or heard that they were staffing it bls in a suburban and trying to get RM to staff a unit out of there all the time. I guess I misread it.

The squad will be ALS but there is discussion to have RM staff a unit out of there as well.

Discussions also are to fully staff an ALS Engine there as soon as the next academy class graduates.

Jim<

ROOFLIFECO

Premium Subscriber
Is it just me or is this whole "squad-14" thing reminding me of that old show "Emergency!" ?!?!?! HAHAHA

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else hear the R/O on E-470 last night Engine-14 responded not the squad, wonder if that station is fully staffed already?

Speaking of has anyone heard AFD Med-2 recently, they don't seem to be staffing the EMS Supervisor any longer?

Jim<

MikeyB

jimmnn said:
Anyone else hear the R/O on E-470 last night Engine-14 responded not the squad, wonder if that station is fully staffed already?

Speaking of has anyone heard AFD Med-2 recently, they don't seem to be staffing the EMS Supervisor any longer?

Jim<

I heard the call and thought the same thing.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
MikeyB said:
I heard the call and thought the same thing.

Although they are back to Squad-14 this morning Mike, must be a shift specific thing depending on staffing.

Also what happened to the dedicated RM car out there? Response last night was the typical 15 minutes+.

Interesting to that interersection of E-470 and Gartrel usually gets Aurora and Parker but last night it got Aurora and Cunningham 63's, no Parker.

Jim<

MikeyB

jimmnn said:
Although they are back to Squad-14 this morning Mike, must be a shift specific thing depending on staffing.

Also what happened to the dedicated RM car out there? Response last night was the typical 15 minutes+.

Interesting to that interersection of E-470 and Gartrel usually gets Aurora and Parker but last night it got Aurora and Cunningham 63's, no Parker.

Jim<

Must be. Was only listening to Aurora, maybe Parker was on a call?

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Afd Station 14?

Hey guys Ive been following this thread I do the maintenance at a bank right up the hill
from the "new" station I saw the squad and a pumper there twice now in the last few weeks the engine was #13 I think he just hangs out there but who knows

by the way they have a fork lift in there too I dont think they man it though.....:)

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Just announced on the morning roll call that Engine-14 would be in-service today staffed ALS.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.