AFRN - HOOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

makoola

Hi gang,

It just dawned on me that I am no longer picking up Hoover Fire and PD, or Vestavia, from the Sterrett tower in Shelby County. Any clues here?

medic9351301

Banned
probably because no radios are not Affiliating to that tower.
Radios must Affiliate to a certain site to use it.
I have not heard them agencies on signal mt in a long time.
If I had to say probably not in over 3 months.

PapaG

WB4IAR
Premium Subscriber
My opinion is that the system admins are looking at the traffic patterns on the various sites and adjusting affiliate access. I have noticed for example Bessemer PD and FD being broadcast on the AFRN Helena site as well as Trussville PD and FD on the Graystone and Sterrett sites and the list goes on.

BHAMalan

I’ve found if I’m monitoring Hoover only, to pick Hoover Municipal or Hoover 150 towers. But if I’m trying to monitor Hoover and JCSO, I turn all sites off and only monitor the Jeffco Simulcast. And if the Sterrett towers isn’t picking them up, you may want to try the Hoover Spain Park tower if you’re out 280...

medic9351301

Banned
funny you said that I can only get the Spain park site in Ensley.
I would think that I would for sure get the city shop site.
I can get on occ. the 150, and greystone site.
wish they would turn telvue back on.
i have a hoover contact and he said they have issues in bluff park since telvue is off.

BHAMalan

wish they would turn telvue back on.
i have a hoover contact and he said they have issues in bluff park since telvue is off.
And isn’t one of the simulcast towers right across the street from the telvue tower? You’d think that tower would give the coverage needed...

medic9351301

Banned
hoover does not have anything 700/800 on telvue. jefferson county does. they own the site and hooover was on that site as well as shelby county once .
the city shop site for hoover is not more than 2 miles away.
look at the linc. for hoover nothing on telvue

medic9351301

Banned
from what I was told hoover has there own 700 system.
that's is not simulcasted and it's tied into the afrn and patched into the jefferson co simulcast .
however i would think the hoover system is a multicast system because its sending all to all the sites . maybe i need to turn on hoover on the simulcast county system to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.