AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Site neighbors/peers/adjacents should help identify the site if someone can put a control channel analyzer software (DSD+, UT, PRO96COM, etc) on it.

Something I discovered about site NACs on AFRRCS a while back which may be useful to people who can make use of the info - example, people with SDS scanners (which can set and use the NAC of a site)...

If you (know and) take the "AFRRCS Site ID" (not necessarily the same as the P25 site ID, for example St Albert is 05A-52, but is AFRRCS site 0212), and add 780 decimal, the result will be the NAC in decimal - convert to hex to get the hex NAC. So St Albert is 212, add 780 you get 992, convert to hex you get 3E0.

So 3CC is AFRRCS site 0192. This has worked for me for every 700 site so far. The VHF sites (VDOC and multichannel sites, not MTRs) seem to be similar, add 300 instead of 780, but do the dec to hex calculation just the same.

So site 05A-032 is confirmed as Edmonton International Airport. I will submit the 12 LCN's I've found to the database.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Oddly enough I heard that too down here. Not sure why, unless somebody down here has Bashaw tuned in on a radio... or else RCMP groups are designed to transmit on all sites, but that would be dumb.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
On Edmonton Simulcast I heard Forestry and Grande Prairie 911 testing on a couple of new groups they called Firenet. Group 5249 was tested by AAF console 4020001. 5237 was then tested by Grande Prairie Fire Center 4020046.

Oddly enough I heard that too down here. Not sure why, unless somebody down here has Bashaw tuned in on a radio... or else RCMP groups are designed to transmit on all sites, but that would be dumb.

It is sort of odd. All the RCMP groups I have confirmed both North and South detachments all heard and seen on Edmonton Simulcast. The same day I heard Bashaw I was hearing clear Cochrane activity as well. I'm sure I'm only seeing and hearing activity once they RTT.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I don't hear the users in the clear at all. Just the rare occasional OCC console (4440001-0199 it seems).

I do get some odd talkgroups from time to time - today while in Calgary, monitoring Banker's Hall tower, I picked up some Lethbridge County Fire activity.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Here we have a number of detachment base stations transmitting in the clear. But yes, what I'm mainly hearing are the OCC consoles. 4440001 to 4440099 NAOCC and 4440101 to about 199 SAOCC.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I have some questions and observations about a couple of recent database submissions. Group 790 is reported as Milk River CPO while it is actually a Provincial CET covering the US Canada border. Not to say Milk River wouldn't be hanging around on it. Not sure how best to list it other than in Waterton, Carston, Warner, Forty Mile and Cypress counties. Any suggestions on how it should be listed?

3143 and 3189 are listed as CPO Pincher Creek. Actually they are Alberta Parks groups. Not to say they couldn't be heard in Pincher Creek and might sound like CPO's. 3189 is Cypress Hills. AB Parks has groups in the area of 3122 to 3207. Enforcement are usually encrypted and Admin in the clear.

mciupa

I have some questions and observations about a couple of recent database submissions. Group 790 is reported as Milk River CPO while it is actually a Provincial CET covering the US Canada border. Not to say Milk River wouldn't be hanging around on it. Not sure how best to list it other than in Waterton, Carston, Warner, Forty Mile and Cypress counties. Any suggestions on how it should be listed?

3143 and 3189 are listed as CPO Pincher Creek. Actually they are Alberta Parks groups. Not to say they couldn't be heard in Pincher Creek and might sound like CPO's. 3189 is Cypress Hills. AB Parks has groups in the area of 3122 to 3207. Enforcement are usually encrypted and Admin in the clear.

I have removed those groups. When someone else other than the original submitter steps forward with proper descriptions, I can return them to the database.