All the Scene talk groups are for Medical Aid calls. We can add
4494 Fire 2
4495 Scene 2 (Medical)
4497 Scene 3 (Medical)
4500 Is Training I'm guessing its Training 7
4501 Still working on it but may be Training as well
4498 Never heard it yet but guessing it may become May Day or Emergency Alert

lzrman

I have heard GP RCMP Dispatch in the clear every once in a while, usually a short period of time, sometimes longer. Sometimes a dispatcher accidently hits the encryption button off ;)

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Unless the above is not hex notation, I don't think that's EPS NW you're listening to... or else the RRDB (and every other source I've seen) is wrong... EPS NW according to the DB is 1727 or 6BF not 68F. I don't even see a patch active right now, which *might* explain things if the channel was patched to a clear group (I've seen stranger things happen).

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Unless the above is not hex notation, I don't think that's EPS NW you're listening to... or else the RRDB (and every other source I've seen) is wrong... EPS NW according to the DB is 1727 or 6BF not 68F. I don't even see a patch active right now, which *might* explain things if the channel was patched to a clear group (I've seen stranger things happen).
Yes 1727 is EPS NW. Maybe they are sad that the Fire department is getting lots of coverage of spot news in the media and they're not. :) And yes I love it when RCMP turn off the encryption. A day or so ago there was a SE EPS to Sherwood Park pursuit was in the clear as they were patched.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Some may have noticed about 20 new talk groups. They are Edmonton Remand Center (ERC). 19 are encrypted and 1 is clear. They moved off their low power 700 MHz P25 trunked system.

281 GP 1 (General Pod)
282 GP 2
283 GP 3 ?
284 GP 4 ?
285 GP 5 ?
286 Not remand it's Justice Rapid 1
287 ERC ?
288 AD & D (Admissions and Discharge)
289 ERC ?
290 Health Care ?
291 ERC ?

Traditionally Alberta Corrections uses the 400 series groups for inside the facility groups. I've not seen much activity on the next four. I suspect they are still using their old low power leaky coax system but I'll have to be nearby to find it.

491 ERC inside group ?
492 ERC inside group ?
493 ERC inside group ?
494 ERC inside group ?

3199 ERC EMERG ALL CALL GROUP
You will hear:
Code 44 Officer Requires Assistance
Code 66 Inmate fight
Code 77 Escape
Code 88 Fire
Code 99 Medical Emergency

6223 ERC Outside Group
6224 ERC Outside Group
6225 ERC Outside Group
6226 ERC Outside Group
6227 ERC Outside Group
6228 ERC Outside Group

Outside Groups are often used by Court Security Prisoner Transport (CSPT). Also the health care shuttles that take prisoners to hospital. ERC are the only 4019XXX series radios showing up. 4019000 and 4019100 series radios are mobiles and portables. 4019300 series are base stations about 12 of them. It does seem some of the Groups are permanently patched together as you often hear a call on one group and a reply on another.

lzrman

I'm curious if anyone has the Delta Talkgroups for Central Peace Fire & Rescue. They discontinued their VHF and went purely onto the new AFRRCS system.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
Looks like Calgary Fire has made the switch over to AFRRCS. They are using the "old" backup AFRRCS dispatch channels as primary and we've been seeing some new channels popping up that are sounding like TAC channels. Appears TAC channels are simulcasting on the municipal network for now as well.

smason

we've been seeing some new channels popping up that are sounding like Tac channels. Appears tac channels are simulcasting on the municipal network for now as well.

Which site are you hearing TAC channels on? I'm listening to a working fire and hearing South TAC on Calgary Municipal (Anderson) and seeing nothing on AFRRCS on Unitrunker on the Southland Plaza site.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
Which site are you hearing TAC channels on? I'm listening to a working fire and hearing South TAC on Calgary Municipal (Anderson) and seeing nothing on AFRRCS on Unitrunker on the Southland Plaza site.
I'm up on the west side of Nose Hill Park, I typically get Bankers Hall and Forest Lawn.