AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
What's the TGID values for what you're hearing?

Is it possible you're hearing Rocky View County in the 22xx range?

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
What's the TGID values for what you're hearing?

Is it possible you're hearing Rocky View County race in the 22xx range?
5388 and 5389 for CFD Dispatch on AFRRCS, and its 100% CFD. They've been using the AFRRCS channels for over a week now, full time so has definitely switched. Only a few of the TAC channels are still broadcasting on CMRN.

It also sounds like CPS has switched to AFRRCS. The channels they had on CMRN now seem to be being used by Calgary Transit. They've also been using different channel names in their still unencrypted all calls. Now H# instead of A#.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Those are definitely CFD backup dispatch channels as per the RRDB, but I think people were under the impression somebody was saying CFD TAC channels were heard on AFRRCS.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
Those are definitely CFD dispatch channels, but I think people were under the impression somebody was saying CFD tac channels were heard on AFRRCS.
A friend put his scanner in search mode and picked up some new TGID's with comms that sounded like CFD TAC channels. Only a few TAC channels are still broadcasting on CMRN, which might just be a simulcast for now.

It also sounds like CPS has switched to AFRRCS. The channels they had on CMRN now seem to be being used by Calgary Transit. They've also been using different channel names in their still un-encrypted all calls. Now H# instead of A#.

smason

Thanks. I can't quite decode Banker's at the moment. Have Forest Lawn up, still nothing showing while hearing C1 on CMRN.
I am seeing dispatch on Unitrunker on the Forest Lawn site while listening on the Southland site.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I can't quite decode Banker's at the moment. Have Forest Lawn up, still nothing showing while hearing C1 on CMRN.
I am seeing dispatch on Unitrunker on the Forest Lawn site while listening on the Southland site.
Was just chatting with a friend, sounds like they’re not broadcasting TAC channels on AFRRCS right now on CMRN, just dispatch on AFRRCS.

ESF-12

I can confirm my UT picked it up starting on Friday. I hear audio on it and see the Site 252 NAC but it's never been used as a Control channel.
Sorry, not as a CC, it just comes up in the frequency list when monitoring the CC for 252. Needed to confirm if it was actual or not, DSD+ sometimes adds things that aren't actually there.

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
Sounding like Rocky View County has done some shuffling with their channels and added a few more departments. Heard Stations 111 and 130 paged out over what I have listed as A15 (TGID 2263). A16 (TGID 2264) used to be the Main Dispatch channel. Both those stations used to have their own simplex channels for dispatch etc.

Calgary Dispatch also just gave station 108 "Zone East, TAC 8" for a call they are doing with Beiseker (Station 130).

Calgary and area is just a mess right now.

VA6IKR

I think I'm hearing Onoway Fire on the Villeneuve tower. TGID 1576 sounds like dispatch, dispatch radio ID was 6299991 I believe? All the mobile radio IDs have been 727xxx. Sounds like TGID 1578 was being used for training today.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I think I'm hearing Onoway Fire on the Villeneuve tower. TGID 1576 sounds like dispatch, dispatch radio ID was 6299991 I believe? All the mobile radio IDs have been 727xxx. Sounds like TGID 1578 was being used for training today.
Yes, that's Onoway Regional Fire. 1576 is called Onoway group, 1577 is Command. They are using Agency 72.
Dispatch ID is a bit of a puzzle from what you've documented, but it should be Parkland 911.
Agency 62 is Camrose and I don't have an Agency 629. A seven digit number is the maximum that should be used by AFRRCS. The 9991 part sounds like Parkland.

On their old system they had an Alberta Beach group, so 1578 could be Training or perhaps Alberta Beach.

VA6IKR

Yes, that's Onoway Regional Fire. 1576 is called Onoway group, 1577 is Command. They are using Agency 72.
Dispatch ID is a bit of a puzzle from what you've documented, but it should be Parkland 911.
Agency 62 is Camrose and I don't have an Agency 629. A seven digit number is the maximum that should be used by AFRRCS. The 9991 part sounds like Parkland.

On their old system they had an Alberta Beach group, so 1578 could be Training or perhaps Alberta Beach.
It sounded like they were doing a controlled burn today as they gave an address to dispatch in Onoway and then switched back to 1578 and it did sound more like training than regular ops.

I'll keep listening and see what else I can find! I'm using a SDS100 so I'm not exactly sure how accurate it is when displaying radio ID's, but I'll listen to tomorrow evenings pager test and see if it's the same ID.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Great catch hearing them go live. When I heard them on Edmonton Simulcast the WCI techs were testing them. I'll listen to the pager test tonight as well on Villeneuve. Both the SDS 100 and 200 I have are very accurate with the UIS's.

maplebear

Premium Subscriber
New talk groups for Rocky View county FD
1393 FD Dispatch
1394 FD Dispatch
6382 Fire tac
6383 Fire tac
6388 Fire tac
6389 Fire tac

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
New talk groups for Rocky View county FD
1393 FD Dispatch
1394 FD Dispatch
6382 Fire tac
6383 Fire tac
6388 Fire tac
6389 Fire tac

I wonder if these are the new channels I've heard reference to a few times lately?
At one point I heard Station 154 and Station 108 dispatched with a Tac of "East Tac #." Potentially, a new tac/dispatch naming system being rolled out.

Currently listening to an incident using a couple of these new channels. Appears that station 111 and 154 have switched from their old simplex systems and are using these channels. However, I've heard comms from station 154 on both AFRRCS and CMRN.

I'm not so sure whats up there.

maplebear

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if these are the new channels I've heard reference to a few times lately?
At one point I heard Station 154 and Station 108 dispatched with a Tac of "East Tac #." Potentially, a new tac/dispatch naming system being rolled out.

Currently listening to an incident using a couple of these new channels. Appears that station 111 and 154 have switched from their old simplex systems and are using these channels. However, I've heard comms from station 154 on both AFRRCS and CMRN.

I'm not so sure whats up there.
Maybe the two radio systems are cross patched on some channels. I am having trouble picking up some of the AFRRCS sites today so I cannot hear all the new talk groups they are going.