AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

StampedeCityStringer

Photojournalist
Premium Subscriber
Maybe the two radio systems are cross patched on some channels. I am having trouble picking up some of the AFRRCS sites today so I cannot hear all the new talk groups they are going.
Didn't appear to be any patches in place. Incident coms were over the new AFRRCS channels, but whenever any of the 154 trucks called dispatch, it was always via CMRN. Sounded like Stations 111, 108 & 154. 111 and 108 used AFRRCS channels for everything, 154 was only on AFRRCS for incident comms.

TRENT310

A seven digit number is the maximum that should be used by AFRRCS. The 9991 part sounds like Parkland.
ISSI gateway connected consoles do not necessarily follow any of that nomenclature. Use the System ID portion of the ISSI grant to positively identify the originating console subsystem.

Question Re: AHS CHEAR TGID :1207
Is AHS CHEAR TGID 1207 still active? I have not heard the hospitals radio checks at 8:00 a.m. every morning for awhile.
Have they switch TGID or have they gone ENC ? Thxs in advance !

Thanks, Jay. It turns out to be my Moonraker Skyscan antenna was the problem.

The RG58 coax that goes into the base of this antenna pulled out from the base. It gave the appearance as though it was still attached but inside it was not connected to the antenna's interior components.

I was away last week not listening to the radios. But the high winds last week was a contributing factor. So, I switch to my 800 MHz Yagi pointed at Broadcast Hill tower. Now I can hear CRMN P25 ll signal much stronger and AFFRCS is being heard again (Heard Rockyview FD), I will check AHS CHEARS Thurs/Friday morning to see if I can receive CHEARS.

Thanks Again !

VA6IKR

Possibly might have a new agency going live soon here? Hearing radio checks on the St. Albert tower on TG:6352, agency number is 509.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Possibly might have a new agency going live soon here? Hearing radio checks on the St. Albert tower on TG:6352, agency number is 509.
I'm also hearing them on Edmonton Simulcast on 6353. They have a parts shop and a Training Room. At first only 3 radios now looks they are up to 20.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
If it's St. Albert Transit's turn to go AFRRCS they would be a Tier 2 paid user and would have a different Agency number than Fire and Enforcement Services. Agency 509 are up to 73 or more radios now.

VA6IKR

If it's St. Albert Transit's turn to go AFRRCS they would be a Tier 2 paid user and would have a different Agency number than Fire and Enforcement Services. Agency 509 are up to 73 or more radios now.
Hmm, STAT going live could make sense actually. I'll have to listen to the old LTR system and see if there's any talk about new radios possibly.
I wonder if St. Albert Public Works will also end up on AFRRCS?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, STAT going live could make sense actually. I'll have to listen to the old LTR system and see if there's any talk about new radios possibly.
I wonder if St. Albert Public Works will also end up on AFRRCS?
That's a great idea to listen to the old system. I plan to as well. Makes sense that Public Works goes on it too. That Passport LTR system is nearing the end of it's life.

VA6IKR

St. Albert Transit seems to be active and live on TG 6352. Hearing them call out the exchanges and whatnot, sounds like their general operations.

Also hearing TG 6371 as Public Works in St. Albert, sounded like lawn maintenance, possibly. Could also have just been general operations.

And then the unknown, TG 6355. Had the correct agency number for St. Albert, but not a lot of traffic so i'm not sure what agency.

All RIDs start with 509, so definitely St. Albert!

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
St. Albert Transit seems to be active and live on TG 6352. Hearing them call out the exchanges and whatnot, sounds like their general operations.

Also hearing TG 6371 as Public Works in St. Albert, sounded like lawn maintenance, possibly. Could also have just been general operations.

And then the unknown, TG 6355. Had the correct agency number for St. Albert, but not a lot of traffic so i'm not sure what agency.

All RIDs start with 509, so definitely St. Albert!

Yes, 6352 is Main Dispatch. Replaces A channel on the old Passport system.
6355 is the Chat group they call "B channel" based on the old usage. 6353 and 6354 also Transit.

6366 and 6368 Tested today.

6370 also Public Works with 5093XXX series radios like 6371
6371 may be Waste Management as the Dump was mentioned but could be Parks taking their trimmings to the dump.

VA6IKR

Yes, 6352 is Main Dispatch. Replaces A channel on the old Passport system.
6355 is the Chat group they call "B channel" based on the old usage. 6353 and 6354 also Transit.

6366 and 6368 Tested today.

6370 also Public Works with 5093XXX series radios like 6371
6371 may be Waste Management as the Dump was mentioned but could be Parks taking their trimmings to the dump.
6371 as Waste Management makes a lot of sense. They were talking about having to finish up along Langholm and that falls in line with the collection schedule!

I'll get these new TGs labeled in my SDS100 and see what I hear!

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
6371 as Waste Management makes a lot of sense. They were talking about having to finish up along Langholm and that falls in line with the collection schedule!

I'll get these new TGs labeled in my SDS100 and see what I hear!

I was getting ready to submit some info to the DB but I'm going to hold off for now until Transit settles down.. Thanks to whoever submitted the 18th elusive St Albert site frequency.

Yesterday the buses were using 6353 as B channel. Today they are back on 6355. What I think is happening is one shift is using the channel selector properly when switching between Main 6352 and B 6353. Others I think are using the zone or bank selector to switch to 6355 which I'm assuming may be in another zone. Originally 6354 was called Ops 1 and 6354 Ops 2.

Also another new group testing to watch for 6369.