AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Any thoughts on 410?

Someone sent me some logs recently from the east part of the province with that agency doing encrypted voice on TGs in the 3000-3600 range. I thought that range was (part of) RCMP and that RCMP were not sharing with anyone including other LE agencies.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
It is certainly law enforcement related but my guess is AHS TEMS. Those 3000 talk groups are surveillance related by RCMP, Edmonton Police and others. My second guess for 410 is ASIRT.

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
It is certainly law enforcement related but my guess is AHS TEMS. Those 3000 talk groups are surveillance related by RCMP, Edmonton Police and others. My second guess for 410 is ASIRT.

Based on what you are saying, my guess would be ALERT. AHS TEMS is only in Edmonton and Calgary. In RCMP served areas the medics are RCMP officers trained in TCCC.

ALERT does lots of surveillance and is multi jurisdictional

Jay911

Feed Provider
I would expect to see 410 hits in Calgary and area if it was ASIRT; I don't. I have never seen it except in this data dump from the eastern part of the province.

Are there officers which are part of ALERT but not affiliated to any other policing agency? We've discussed other TGs for Sheriffs and other LE agencies which are suspected of being ALERT, so would this group be ALERT members unaffiliated to other LEAs?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I would expect to see 410 hits in Calgary and area if it was ASIRT; I don't. I have never seen it except in this data dump from the eastern part of the province.

Are there officers which are part of ALERT but not affiliated to any other policing agency? We've discussed other TGs for Sheriffs and other LE agencies which are suspected of being ALERT, so would this group be ALERT members unaffiliated to other LEAs?

So all of the ALERT radios here are Agency 401 as ALERT is under Sol Gens. CFSEU and SISU are a possibility as I believe they are a part of ALERT but still under Sol Gens. The 410 activity I have seen has just been testing so far. ASIRT is under the Director of Law Enforcement.

Last edited:

Jay911

Feed Provider
Edmontonians: Agency 427?

Saw a couple of radios in that range try (and fail) to affiliate to talkgroups in the Calgary area. The talkgroups were in the range I've heard some of you say are in your city's Bylaw range (2160-2175).

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Edmontonians: Agency 427?

Saw a couple of radios in that range try (and fail) to affiliate to talkgroups in the Calgary area. The talkgroups were in the range I've heard some of you say are in your city's Bylaw range (2160-2175).

Yes Edmonton Roadways (427) sent 30 snowplows to Calgary to help clear up the huge snowfall. Think with them were about 60 employees and supervisors. I did hear the convoy heading south on AFRRCS. Not sure how far south they got before not being able to communicate.

Last edited:

lzrman

TGID : 2743 popped up in Grande Prairie, not sure who it is was encrypted.

Popped up concurrent to an RCMP call in the area, I think they have a few P25 Radios here that are used for stuff they don't want on the air.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Per this post, 2743 is Fort McMurray RCMP.

There are some talkgroups and agencies which are still being widely broadcast across the province into areas they don't need to cover - like YMM into GP, or GP into YYC. Not sure why.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Can somebody remind me about Strathcona Transit? More specifically I have recently picked up some agency 42 radios trying (and failing) to affiliate to TG 4288 in the Calgary area.

I had Strathcona Transit as 425, with TGs 4293 (Transit 2) and 4294 (Transit 3), but I think the 425 was maybe a typo...?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Can somebody remind me about Strathcona Transit? More specifically I have recently picked up some agency 42 radios trying (and failing) to affiliate to TG 4288 in the Calgary area.

I had Strathcona Transit as 425, with TGs 4293 (Transit 2) and 4294 (Transit 3), but I think the 425 was maybe a typo...?

Agency 42 is County of Strathcona Tier 2 users including Transit. Will check tg 4288 when I get home. 425 should be City of Edmonton perhaps Drainage but is not being used yet.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Lethbridge Fire Groups

Thanks to whoever posted the Lethbridge Fire talk groups. I do have a question about MA 13 and 14. Is there another AHS system that I'm not aware of as I don't have 1043 and 1044 listed. For SCC those two groups are 1023 and 1023. In Lethbridge I had groups 1063 and 1064. My Lethbridge info may not be correct.