AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. Have you, by chance, heard if any other FDs are on 4014, or are they on other 40xx groups? In other words is 4014 dedicated to Redcliff and say 4013 is the Hat proper, and 4015 is somebody else, etc?

I'm thinking 4014 belongs to Cypress County who has a hall in Redcliff. The County could very well be dispatched by the Medicine Hat dispatch center.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Yeah, I was wondering if 4014 was for the entire county or just for Redcliff. I haven't seen/logged activity on 4015-4018, but I have one hit on 4019 and one on 4020. I was wondering if Walsh, Seven Persons, etc., had their own groups.

avgas

4014 is definitely Redcliff Fire Department.

Cypress county has a fire station located in Redcliff (Box Springs Fire Department) as well but they are totally different departments. Cypress county fire is still using the old analog system but it is linked to 4013.

The city of Medicine Hat dispatch does the dispatching for both departments at this time.

Cypress county is changing dispatch services in the near future. I doubt that will have any effect on frequency information.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else noticing quite a bit of encrypted activity on tg 348? Using the Sol Gens Agency of 401 and 4013XXX RID's. That 3000 series is new to me anyone know what department uses these radio?

Jay911

Feed Provider
I believe the 4013xxx radios and 300-399 TGs are Corrections services in JSG. Seems to match up in my area. I see 300, 308, and a few others fairly often in Calgary.

avgas

Forty Mile Fire Department is still using the original analog radio system but I am hearing them on 4012. They are dispatched out of Medicine Hat 911.

VE6RSU2

Hi guys. Driving home tonight and had radio techs testing on talkgroups 199, 200, 4920 and 4921 on Bankers Hall tower- Calgary. Tech mentioned ' I have you on Wheatland' on tg 199. They called 4921 "tac 2". Radio ids in the 657 agency range (eg. 6570003). Is this actually Wheatland county going to AFRRCS? Techs mentioned that they have "2 working portables and a base".

Jay911

Feed Provider
I've been picking up 657 radios on Friday and today. I heard one of them mention tac 3, but didn't see which TG it was. I would expect if I pull the recordings off my HomePatrol it would tell me.

It'd be interesting if this is Wheatland. I know their DMR system is a few years old but I thought they had just done some updates to it in the past year or so. I think Wheatland CPOs are already in under another agency.

VE6RSU2

I've been picking up 657 radios on Friday and today. I heard one of them mention tac 3, but didn't see which TG it was. I would expect if I pull the recordings off my HomePatrol it would tell me.

It'd be interesting if this is Wheatland. I know their DMR system is a few years old but I thought they had just done some updates to it in the past year or so. I think Wheatland CPOs are already in under another agency.
Thanks for the reply Jay! Looking at the database that was what I was thinking about Wheatland too - they seem to have a substantial VHF DMR network setup already. Looking forward to your data (as always). I'm getting a SDR dongle next month so I can start logging while I'm away at work. I will be listening in tomorrow - excited to hear more non-encrypted traffic on the system.

avgas

3925 appears to be City of Medicine Hat Sewer and Water department
3928 appears to be City of Medicine Hat Solid Waste collection
3934 appears to be City of Medicine Hat Public Works (plows, sanders, etc)

avgas

Update for city of Medicine Hat electric as labeled on there radios.
3944 Channel 1 - General
3945 Channel 2 - SCADA Direct
3946 Channel 3 - Maintenance 1

Transit 3941

Note : Most departments in the city have more than 1 talk group. Eg public works has 2 talk groups for sure, sanders operate on one and plows operate on another.

Jay911

Feed Provider
RCMP in the Cochrane area are not having fun with their PACS equipment tonight - and this is not the first (or second, or third) time in the past ~2 weeks that there's been troubles. It'd be interesting to see if their changeover gets moved up at all due to the problems going on.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
RCMP in the Cochrane area are not having fun with their PACS equipment tonight - and this is not the first (or second, or third) time in the past ~2 weeks that there's been troubles. It'd be interesting to see if their changeover gets moved up at all due to the problems going on.

What kind of trouble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Barrhead RCMP are on 2788. My question is it seems Barrhead and Westlock may be on the same talk group just as they were on their PACS channel. They are in close proximity to each other. If you go by the alphabetical assigning of RCMP talk groups it appears that 2788 would fit into near the end of the alphabet like Westlock would. Just a guess on my part.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Barrhead RCMP are on 2788. My question is it seems Barrhead and Westlock may be on the same talk group just as they were on their PACS channel. They are in close proximity to each other. If you go by the alphabetical assigning of RCMP talk groups it appears that 2788 would fit into near the end of the alphabet like Westlock would. Just a guess on my part.

I’m hearing a new call sign in Sherwood Park A7,

It is EH3xx

Also seeing a Westlock PV with WL103

Me thinks the RCMP is changing how they identify PV’s

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I’m hearing a new call sign in Sherwood Park A7,

It is EH3xx

Also seeing a Westlock PV with WL103

Me thinks the RCMP is changing how they identify PV’s

Yes they do have new call signs. EH is Edmonton HQ. That unit you heard may be the replacement for 1 Hotel 1 the traffic motorcycle. The 3 in the number designates Highway Patrol. WL is indeed Westlock and the 100 series are the detachment vehicles previously Alpha. 200 series are Bravo and 300 series Highway Patrol. This is somewhat similar to what the B.C. RCMP are doing using the first letters of the detachment in the call sign.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Saw a couple of three-digit IDs the other day when driving past Cochrane detachment, thanks for the clarity.

redtalon

Saw a couple of three-digit IDs the other day when driving past Cochrane detachment, thanks for the clarity.
Callsigns are changed at detachments just before they migrate to AFRRCS. Cochrane and Airdrie are switching in the next couple weeks. Callsigns are the two letter detachment identifier followed by a three digit number. 100's for rural, 200's for municipal, 300's for traffic, 400's for freeway, 500's and 600's for specialized units and support services. Sheriff callsigns are switching to begin with the T. ie T204 etc.

Apparently there's been some issues converting Edmonton area detachments due to the Simulcast being used by EPS causing issues with the RCMP being able to send an RTT message. It has now been switched to the end of the AFRRCS migration (Fall 2019) so they can figure out a solution.