AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

VE6BRW

So last night heard Alta Forestry doing tower check-in and night weather report which is very detailed. They were showing
TG 702 & UID 4020064
So they must have turned on AFRRCS on Aug 1, 2019
In the WIKI listing which shows 402 as unknown could be Forestry

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
So last night heard Alta Forestry doing tower check-in and night weather report which is very detailed. They were showing
TG 702 & UID 4020064

Agency 402 is indeed AAF (Forestry) and 702 is the Grande Prairie CET.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
TG 702 & UID 4020064

Just out of curiosity, when do they do the PM weather in GP? Down here it's at 1530. Never heard them cross-patch it to AFRRCS, though - it's always just been on Firenet.

VE6BRW

Just out of curiosity, when do they do the PM weather in GP? Down here it's at 1530. Never heard them cross-patch it to AFRRCS, though - it's always just been on Firenet.
Was just making supper and heard the digital voice so ran over to receiver and turned on the forestry band on the second side (pcr2500) and heard them on both AFRRCS & Firenet at the same time. Hit scan on both sides of radio and it kept stopping on numerous Firenet rptrs, will keep monitoring today forward. Also numerous Tags active on 444 UIDs here now but Valley view has not switched over to date.

Jay911

Feed Provider
It could be that they're putting it on the CET for the benefit of non-AgFor users like maybe GP Fire. Stranger things have happened.

When Calgary Duty Desk does the weather here, there's no less than 7 or 8 Firenet repeaters within my receiving range that get lit up. Makes it difficult to keep scanning.

beeperboy

It could be that they're putting it on the CET for the benefit of non-AgFor users like maybe GP Fire. Stranger things have happened.

It could be the dispatcher accidently hit the AFRRCS icon on her console when she was picking all the Firenet sites to include on the weather broadcast.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Came across the Bourgeau MTR today on my drive home from Seattle. Crews were testing with it.

I may have brought this up before but I wonder if there is a different way to store these in the DB? They're conventional P25 repeaters but they carry comms by talkgroup for whatever talkgroup is affiliated to that site. I heard comms from tg 41 (site testing) and 520 (AgFor ch 20) today. We don't capture the talkgroups in the RRDB anywhere, other than the main AFRRCS listing - and duplicating them for all the conventional channels would be ludicrous, I realize. Do we just keep posting them the way they have been already in Kananaskis, Bighorn, and now Banff, or is there some other way we can include them so people are better aware they're linked to the system?

mciupa

Database Admin
I may have brought this up before but I wonder if there is a different way to store these in the DB? They're conventional P25 repeaters but they carry comms by talkgroup for whatever talkgroup is affiliated to that site. I heard comms from tg 41 (site testing) and 520 (AgFor ch 20) today. We don't capture the talkgroups in the RRDB anywhere, other than the main AFRRCS listing - and duplicating them for all the conventional channels would be ludicrous, I realize. Do we just keep posting them the way they have been already in Kananaskis, Bighorn, and now Banff, or is there some other way we can include them so people are better aware they're linked to the system?

I say we continue with what we have been doing in your examples of Kananaskis, Bighorn and Banff.(y)

Mudary

Came across the Bourgeau MTR today on my drive home from Seattle. Crews were testing with it.

I have also heard TG 41 on Camrose 1, I may have enabled the recording a little late, but I'll send the voice file to you Jay.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Yup, that recording was part of what I heard Tuesday. Neat how it crosses conventional to the trunked system - wish I knew more about the engineering behind that.