AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The Facebook post from Athabasca FD (which is where I got the pic from, I forgot to say) had a commenter say it originated in a shack and spread to the tower. No indication of they knew that to be the case or were just guessing. According to the FD "provincial investigators" are looking into the case now.

beeperboy

The Facebook post from Athabasca FD (which is where I got the pic from, I forgot to say) had a commenter say it originated in a shack and spread to the tower. No indication of they knew that to be the case or were just guessing. According to the FD "provincial investigators" are looking into the case now.

That Harris MASTR V stuff tends to run on the warm side. LOL

Jay911

Feed Provider
I should correct myself... the person in the FB comments said "It is clearly an electrical fire, started in the wires and spread from there". That was why I was skeptical about their comments, couldn't remember them correctly.

Jay911

Feed Provider
410 is, we think, ALERT (Alberta Law Enforcement Response Team). 3481 is just one of nearly 50 TGs I've seen 410 radios use.

444 is RCMP. 2875 and 2898 are as-yet undiscovered as far as the DB shows.

VE6RSU2

Lots of ongoing testing on Talk group 5388 using multiple 76 agency IDs. Also noted some testing on 5389. New user perhaps? Can you confirm Jay?

Mudary

As I had mentioned in a post Aug 2 2019

The Camrose Booster - Local News

camrosebooster.com

"Camrose RCMP detachment was selected as part of a pilot program to determine the feasibility of sharing resources between Camrose and Wetaskiwin detachments.
“This pilot program has not affected day to day policing,” explained Camrose RCMP detachment Corporal Mark Cusack. “Most of the changes impact the way operations are managed, but do not impact the policing service offered to our residents.”
Cusack said that the agency has ensured that the Camrose Detachment is not being closed and he wanted to inform residents, specifically those within the Camrose Detachment’s catchment, that the four constables are still working out of the Camrose detachment under his direction as the detachment corporal (NCO).
“Our doors are still open and we still encourage residents to come into the detachment with concerns or inquiries.”
Cusack noted that one of the benefits of the pilot program is the sharing of resources between the two detachments.
“Each detachment is providing the other with backup,” he said, noting that can provide more safety for the constables. “And our detachment now has access to other investigative resources.”
Cusack reiterated that nothing has changed in regards to police response to residents serviced by the Camrose Detachment and reminds residents to call 911 when requiring police or, if they observe any suspicious behaviour, a constable will be dispatched, as per usual, and will render assistance as soon as possible. "

All communications are on TG- 2873
Mudary

Quote Reply

ESF-12

Has Edmonton fire Rescue completely switched over to AFRRCS? Have not heard them on EDACS since this morning, tried another scanner it has not picked them up on EDACS for the hour I tuned in.