AFRRCS - Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System - INFO HERE

The ProVoice upgrade won't help with the Simulcast distortion only the SDS 100 and 200 will. ProVoice will allow you to hear the EPS actvity on PV channels on their EDACS system. Not sure how long they will keep EPS on EDACS alive.

I tried to find in your manual how to turn the individual call off to eliminate the bus i-Calls but couldn't find it. It may be a change you need to do in settings rather than on software. Are you xcanning and searching? This could be a cause of you hearing the i-Calls. Page 47 of your manual describes how to do that.
Right now I am ID searching since I don't have a list that is current. Once I build a database of ID's then I will be able to lock out individual radio ID's is my thought.
I have seen some deals on the HomePatrol scanners for about $450, so I might give it a go with one of those before going whole hog on the SDS 100. Once I get that, then it's the Sentinel software to manage it. I have to find out how it performs in our area.
The SDS 100 is a nice radio but I have seen mixed reviews on its performance..

ESF-12

Anyone able to confirm if Strathcona County RCMP have completely moved over? Haven't been able to pickup any chatter on the conventionals for the past few days.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
So is it my imagination or has Edmonton Police and Fire disappeared from EDACS? Fire going strong on AFRRCS.

Ok both are back on but have been gone since 4:30 and EPS website down. Never heard an outage like this before but I guess its just their back up now.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
It's still bad dispatch is manual. No phones, using fax line to call out. No car computers.

All EPS Comms out of the SE backup dispatch center. All channels says they expect the network outage to continue. Two members to All Calls. Be aware of ten code usage.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Is Devon on Leduc like in the old days or with Parkland? I'm not seeing any activity on the group that I had in mind for them. Although it's a pretty quiet detachment,

Is Devon on Leduc like in the old days or with Parkland? I'm not seeing any activity on the group that I had in mind for them. Although it's a pretty quiet detachment,
Parkland had been quite good but about a month ago its become a deadzone on B5 & A4. I keep getting sporadic hits with UiD's that I don't recognize but nothing in the clear. Devon Fire Dispatch has been pretty quiet too but granted I am a long way across the lake.

omrail

I forgot about the EIA UHF channels. See 2755 is active today with 4448XXX RID's. Believe this is them.

2755 was very active and new RIDs Friday the day I think EIA made the switch. My guess going to be harder to confirm this one. Have to match RIDs from 2755 to 2758 when transporting an customers to cells. Base also would do a radio check with Leduc when the office staff changed shift.

As for Devon that is a Good Question.

ID 2772 w UID 972,973,931,975 Hearing a few calls in the clear from ID 154(scanner says Edson) Uid 92
ID2776
ID 2765
ID 2873
ID 92

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
User IDs below 10000? Be suspicious of those being legit unless you can identify them as consoles. For some reason, some consoles, particularly non-Harris ones, come in with extremely low numbers.

Guarantee they will not be legitimate agency radio IDs.

Per the RR database:

talkgroup 154 is Provincial Radio Control Centre, Central CPOs.

2772 was identified as Strathcona
2776 as Parkland-Stony Plain
2873 as Wetaskiwin

I show that I recorded one hit on TG 92 in July and nothing since. No idea what it is.

User IDs below 10000? Be suspicious of those being legit unless you can identify them as consoles. For some reason, some consoles, particularly non-Harris ones, come in with extremely low numbers.

Guarantee they will not be legitimate agency radio IDs.

Per the RR database:

talkgroup 154 is Provincial Radio Control Centre, Central CPOs.

2772 was identified as Strathcona
2776 as Parkland-Stony Plain
2873 as Wetaskiwin

I show that I recorded one hit on TG 92 in July and nothing since. No idea what it is.
I am doing a manual session right now ie Pen and paper for tracking hits. If I get organised I will leave it running in Log mode to catch all the IDs over the weekend. Thanks for letting me know. I am getting the most action on Evansberg,Edson,Villeneuve and Wabanum as reported by the scanner programmed from the RR Database. I want to reprogram again and try and speed up my hit rate.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I am doing a manual session right now ie Pen and paper for tracking hits. If I get organised I will leave it running in Log mode to catch all the IDs over the weekend. Thanks for letting me know. I am getting the most action on Evansberg,Edson,Villeneuve and Wabanum as reported by the scanner programmed from the RR Database. I want to reprogram again and try and speed up my hit rate.

Villeneuve site will likely be pretty busy. The other sites won’t likely see much activity. Rural Alberta can be pretty quiet much of the time.

I would log a single site, rather than try and log hits on 4 sites at the same time.

I tried to do a single site but it was just too boring. 100 Channels a second means there is a good chance to catch something.
Right now my hits are Edson Evansburg with nothing from Villeneuve.

Villeneuve site will likely be pretty busy. The other sites won’t likely see much activity. Rural Alberta can be pretty quiet much of the time.

I would log a single site, rather than try and log hits on 4 sites at the same time.
I just reprogrammed for Wabamun,Edson,Devon,Parkland, Villenenuve and Leduc only with 1 addition everything else is locked out on the 325P2
I am logging now with Freescan for the next 48 hours we will see what I get. Thanks for the feedback