AFRRCS confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

smason

Hi all. Hearing something this afternoon that has me confused.
Maybe a stupid question, so bear with me. I'm new to monitoring AFRRCS, and new to Uniden. I have the Southland Plaza site programmed into my 996P2 and have a few talkgroups programmed. I have Foothills Fire and CPO, Calgary CPO and Calgary Mutual Aid talkgroups programmed.

I keep hearing what sounds like a classic CPS covert pursuit of a vehicle in SW Calgary. Only one unit, so perhaps someone accidentally turned off encryption. But, the talkgroup displays as 3098 which a) is not programmed, and b) doesn't show up (for me) in the database.
So, why is CPS on AFRRCS, and what's with the talkgroup?

Thanks.

smason

I keep hearing what sounds like a classic CPS covert pursuit of a vehicle in SW Calgary. Only one unit, so perhaps someone accidentally turned off encryption.
Update 1: Two different UIDs now. Moved to SE Calgary.

Update 2: OK, I figured out why I'm hearing it. Had ID search instead of scan on the system. 1 question answered.

Microscan

Yes the radio IDs did start with 444, so yes probably RCMP.
I've logged about 17 different radios with the 444xxxx id. on that TG; Including several sessions that weren't encrypted. Same sort of surveillance operation. I'm wondering if this isn't actually ALERT.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
The ALERT talk groups are in the 3400 area. RCMP are in the 2700 to 3100 area. On the ALERT groups you see both RCMP 444 units and 401 and 410 ALERT units.

Microscan

Thanks for that info. The 3400 range with RID's 401,410 seems to include other enforcement as well such as Peace Officers, Fish and Wildlife, Parks etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.