AFRRCS scanner question from a new user

Status
Not open for further replies.

weccwwe

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

Brand new to scanners, But I do have my Canadian Amateur Licence with a few radios.

Interested in listening to the Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System (AFRRCS)

Which would be a good first super budget friendly scanner for this? Maybe even used on ebay. An app on Android?

Hopefully something that I can program with chirp or other linux based software. But if it has to be windows, I will use my work computer

I do have a subscription to RR

Regards

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Hi All,

Brand new to scanners, But I do have my Canadian Amateur Licence with a few radios.

Interested in listening to the Alberta First Responders' Radio Communication System (AFRRCS)

Which would be a good first super budget friendly scanner for this? Maybe even used on ebay. An app on Android?

Hopefully something that I can program with chirp or other linux based software. But if it has to be windows, I will use my work computer

Regards
I see a lot of towers, so SDS100, or SDS200, I also see a lot of stuff you'll never hear no matter what radio because of E
Scan On!

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Suggest check AFRRCs thread under Canada Radio Discussion Forums: Prairies and Pacific Coast.

For Police you are S.O.L for most of province and those that can still be monitored will probably soon be S.O.L as well!
S.O.L with any scanner, radio, App, Internet, Satellite, etc..!

Intelliforce

Hi All,

Regards
Did you buy a scanner yet ?

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
An off topic post was moved to the Movie forum and since the resolution was given in post 7, this thread will close to prevent anymore stray topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.