AFS Talk Group 05-131 Anyone know who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvranchosbill

Aug 09 2014

On Aug 07 mid morning on NSRS Site 022 McClellan Pk
Talkgroup 05-131 was active for the first time that i have ever heard
Lots of Car/Car Chatter like vehicles from out of the area giving directions to other cars, street name given was "Howard" and the "Roundabout"

I looked on maps and found Howard and a roundabout (Nichols Blvd) in Sparks,Nv
Unknown if there is another Howard and a or the Roundabout somewhere else.

Not heard on these during transmissions
NSRS Site 021 Pinenut
NSRS Site 120 Minden
WCRCS Site 001 Metro Simulcast
WCRCS Site 002 Slide Mtn

Talkgroup 05-130 NHP Las Vegas Tac 3
Talkgroup 05-131 Unknown Car/Car
Talkgroup 05-132 Nevada Transportation Services Auth (Unknown if or where it is used)
Talkgroup 05-133 Nevada Transportation Services Auth (Unknown if or where it is used)
Talkgroup 05-134 Nevada Division of Parole & Probation

Has anyone heard this group in any other part of the State of Nevada?

Last edited:

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
I have heard it the last week or so. It sounds like surveillance as they were referring to the "target" and what he/she was doing.

gvranchosbill

What Site did you hear it on?
I was scanning WCRCS 001 Metro however i could had missed it cause 1 or 2 of the LCN freqs has a different signal strength, but rock solid on NSRS 022 McClellan.
Metro Simulcast i can pick up well enough to trunk track by pointing my yagi west towards tahoe getting the signal reflected off of 10,000 ft jobs peak, amazing enough i get Fairview,Corey,Eagle,Pinenut and other distant control channels by doing this.
Lately i have been picking up many TG's i havent heard before, some by monitoring control channel only watching these talkgroups show on display and wondering why i wasnt hearing them listened with another receiver in non trunk mode finding they are encrypted.
Since i never heard 05-131 before have they been using encryption?
My uniden BCT-15 will not stop on TG if encrypted and never will show TG.
Some comms on other TG's have been 1/2 clear & encrypted which threw me until i found out by accident using search mode looking for 800 mhz simplex channels for possible covert ops, i have found NDOT & NV Energy using simplex modes, but nobody else yet.
CAL-TRANS i hear cause im very close to the Woodfords CAL-TRANS Maint Yard and they use simplex a lot during winter but they dont count since im working on my WCRCS & NSRS Talkgroups & Simplex ID's.
While im on this i have tried to find out about City of Sparks Public Works.
It would make sense to me if Sparks PD & FD are using WCRCS wouldnt it be cost effective to have Public Works on system they already rent space or talkgroups?
I have searched for long periods of time and im not finding Sparks PW and nothing listed anywhere except a Sparks City Govt meeting regarding the relicensing of the old Sparks VHF freqs and sharing those with fire agencies in a form of Mutual Aid interop i believe.
Any ideas on Sparks Public Works?
It would bring the WCRCS Talkgroups full circle since Washoe Co & Reno Public Works are using same as PD & FD.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
It was on Metro Simulcast and Slide Mountain, both on the Washoe County system.

No idea on Sparks Public works.

gvranchosbill

Thanks on site info which tells me it must be an agency based in Washoe Co.
05-131 is very busy today and it definently surveilance in the clear.

Regarding City of Sparks Public Works
It appears this morning i may have found Sparks Public Works
I havent found 12-124 on the DB and i have comms that sound like Sewer or Storm Drain cleaning
using terms that would be used in such and street named El Rancho Dr, im going to try and find a City map to see if all of El Rancho Dr is in the City of Sparks.
I have it locked on that talkgroup Site 001 Metro
Unless im overlooking something it seems that 12-120 to 12-127 are not on DB and maybe used by Sparks.
More comms suggest this is Sewer or Storm System Maint using a high pressure flushing and vacuum truck, manhole to operator comms.
New comms just heard, obstruction is cleared and soap bubbles coming up.
Additional they are moving to D St and View St near El Rancho & Prater area and iam sure that is in the City of Sparks.
The map shows all of these streets are in City of Sparks, so i do believe 12-124 will be City of Sparks Public Works and at least tagged with Sewer Dept for now, im going to program 12-120 through 12-127 and scan those to see if more pops up, for now only 12-124 is talking.

Last edited:

sigint1

Was: joking
I have 12-124 listed as Sparks Parks - El Rancho Dr is in Sparks - There is a large park at El Rancho Dr and Oddie Blvd - Teglias Paradise Park - so it fits - Ia also have following for Sparks Public Works

12-121 Maintenance
12-122 Engineering
12-123 Inspectors
12-124 Parks
12-125 Redevelopment

gvranchosbill

Thanks very much on Spark since the DB doesnt list it or since i last looked anyway i had been wondering so i could round out my personal list to share later.
05-131 i hadnt heard before is been active all day and since it is an operation in progress i will post later what im hearing on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.