After clock issue fixed, DMR stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Just got my BCD436HP back from Uniden after having the clock issue repaired. Now I find DMR no longer works. On one particular system, it stops on active frequencies, but I hear only digital noise. On other DMR channels the scanning doesn't stop at all.

I tried using Sentinel to re-load my existing programming from before I sent the radio off to Uniden, but it didn't fix anything.

Is it possible that repairing the clock issue could somehow have affected DMR reception? Is there any way to re-enter my DMR key?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just got my BCD436HP back from Uniden after having the clock issue repaired. Now I find DMR no longer works. On one particular system, it stops on active frequencies, but I hear only digital noise. On other DMR channels the scanning doesn't stop at all.

I tried using Sentinel to re-load my existing programming from before I sent the radio off to Uniden, but it didn't fix anything.

Is it possible that repairing the clock issue could somehow have affected DMR reception? Is there any way to re-enter my DMR key?
For the 436HP, the clock/display repair requires that the main pcb be replaced. However, Uniden flashes it with the original serial #.

Verify that you have the latest firmware version, then simply re-enter your DMR and/or ProVoice key. The key you originally purchased will work. I had to re-enter mine after repair as well. No problems.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Steve, thanks; all is well now. I had to update the firmware, and then re-enter my DMR key (Fortunately I saved it!), and then I re-loaded my programming.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you don't have your key saved on your computer, you can always find it at your my.uniden.com profile.

Steve, thanks; all is well now. I had to update the firmware, and then re-enter my DMR key (Fortunately I saved it!), and then I re-loaded my programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.