After storms today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsufan

Feed Provider
I cant get the Hinds county motorolla system strong anymore...I can just barely get it right now like maybe its on reduced power or the tower is damaged. Can anyone confirm?

KE5TLF

From what I've heard there were some lightning strikes that disrupted power to the NWS radar, and at KJAN as well as many other locations I'm sure. There was also a report of a tornado that tracked roughly from Pearl to Brandon south of I-20. So yeah, It's possible at least one site may be at least running on backup power, or even off the air altogether.

It's far from over yet either. Looks, and sounds, like Lauderale, and surrounding counties are getting hammered now. Looks like a really nasty cell in Covington Co., heading for Jones Co. right now too.

Last edited:

KE5TLF

Major damage being reported in north Jones County, homes destroyed, etc., now by an MDOT officer who's home was one of the ones destroyed.

EDIT: MDOT officer reports pretty much his whole neighborhood was wiped out.

Last edited:

bama9999

It got pretty bad up this way as well. Tupelo took a pretty hard hit, as did parts of Itawamba county. I've heard of one confirmed fatality that happened near Tupelo, but that's the only one I'm aware of from around this area.

It was an interesting evening as a weather spotter, that's for sure!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
From reports I have: Part of Ittawamba County, Starkeville, Tupelo, big chunk of Jones County, Pearl - Brandon, Slight damage in Copiah County, Louisville (That one is on youtube)... All Wind/Tornadic Activity. Lightning damage all over Hinds/Rankin and other areas.

Total of so far, 8 deaths, at least 9 injuries?

Last edited by a moderator:

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
I was told two different versions of Hinds County/Jxn, MS site--1 version was it was weather related, the other version was since the Hinds County Board of Supervisors fired and voided the contract of Airwaves that they were having problems and that Motorola was working on it.

Be Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.