Aftermarket Knobs SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if these will fit on a 536HP?

Yes they will fit a 536HP just fine. They also fit fine on the older 996XT models and probably the 996T at that.

I also bought a knob set for the old BC780XLT that the seller sells. They worked just fine if anyone needs a new volume control knob which was always near impossible to find. The same 780XLT knob set also fits all the controls on the old BC796D model as well.
My knobs on my 780 were all fine but I always wanted a spare due to a repaired knob on one of mine so now I have one! From reading many years of threads, the 780XLT volume knob is well known to crack in half. One of mine did exactly that. I super glued mine back together and clamped it tight with a tiny vice overnight. That was probably 10 years ago at least and it never broke again amazingly. I still never trusted it though as I never considered super glue a permanent fix. Even with the professional grades of Loctite super glues I've used at work over the years. Maybe they are a better mixture than the typical consumer grade super glue.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. The chrome on the channel selector knob is starting to peel off. I'll have to order another set this weekend.

Yes they will fit a 536HP just fine. They also fit fine on the older 996XT models and probably the 996T at that.

I also bought a knob set for the old BC780XLT that the seller sells. They worked just fine if anyone needs a new volume control knob which was always near impossible to find. The same 780XLT knob set also fits all the controls on the old BC796D model as well.
My knobs on my 780 were all fine but I always wanted a spare due to a repaired knob on one of mine so now I have one! From reading many years of threads, the 780XLT volume knob is well known to crack in half. One of mine did exactly that. I super glued mine back together and clamped it tight with a tiny vice overnight. That was probably 10 years ago at least and it never broke again amazingly. I still never trusted it though as I never considered super glue a permanent fix. Even with the professional grades of Loctite super glues I've used at work over the years. Maybe they are a better mixture than the typical consumer grade super glue.

Status
Not open for further replies.