Agawam Fire Multipath distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleckrohto

Premium Subscriber
I have been noticing that Agawam Fire Channel 1 suffers from multipath distortion. The signal will be strong in the beginning, get weaker, then get stronger again. The PD channel used to have this problem and then it was solved with their upgrade to P25. Just wondering if anybody else who monitors AFD is having the same issue with that channel.

xplorer417

i listen to them all the time i know what your talking about i don’t get it that sound on my port radio and mobile. i get it on my scanner.i heard the the 2 public safety chs on the same tower as one another it might a bleed over. i also know they went too a central disp center just recently plus they got new portables just for LTs apx8000xe

aleckrohto

Premium Subscriber
i listen to them all the time i know what your talking about i don’t get it that sound on my port radio and mobile. i get it on my scanner.i heard the the 2 public safety chs on the same tower as one another it might a bleed over. i also know they went too a central disp center just recently plus they got new portables just for LTs apx8000xe

I listen on my XTS 5K and on my scanner and they both have the same issue, maybe it is a location issue.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
There are several ways to operate multiple repeaters on 1 frequency.

1. field users can select the repeater via various PL tones on the input channel (called OST in California - 'operator selected tone')

2. manually selected by a dispatcher

3. automatically selected (steered) by the voter - can be continuous steering or initial steering or ??? (think there is a 3rd option)

4. synchronized simulcast - all repeaters are timed using atomic clocks and waveforms are precisely tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.