AGC Tweak Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I am by no means a radio expert. In fact, after reading the posts here in Radio Reference, I realize how much I DO NOT know.

However, I did some reading and then tried to perform the AGC Tweak Procedure as outlined on the WIKI site for the BCD 996T

Instead of getting the display "P25 RES TIME" and "P25 REF GAIN", I only can get "ANA RES TIME" and "ANA REF GAIN"

Am I having problems with the unit.

Thanks for any help.

Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I do NOW and I am receiving the correct readings.

Thank you very much !

Greg

RPSINFOMAN

I have followed the procedure and I get on the first line:
ERR:--- 5 MAN (This setting cannot be adjusted as listed in the tweak)
P:25 RES TIME: +0

Think somethng is wrong with the radio?

dejim

i think it would be much appreciated if someone could post the complete how-to, in simple english, of how to do the firmware upgrade, including turning the AGC on and tweaking the audio in the menu. we are at different levels of competence here, and, unfortunately, i'm low on the food change.

i suspect uniden may come up with another upgrade at some point. but it would be nice to get a compilation of what we know, at this point, feb 23, 07.

thanks, regards, 73s

jim in minnesota

p.s. if i knew how to do this, i would post it. did the firmware upgrade, some audio issues, but reluctant to go above my head. but, i can follow instructions.

wise871

Database Admin
Here a silly question. Once you made the adjustments, will the 996 keep these settings or do you have to do it this way each time you turn it on. I made the changes so I guess I can turn it off and back on normal and it will be saved?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.