Agencies to use P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
I think that police, Fire, and EMS agencies in Mass. are slowly purchasing P25 radios. Does anyone know if departments are going to be moving to P25 in the future? Are they only getting these radios to have the option? Does anyone have any thoughts or comments?

RKG

I think that police, Fire, and EMS agencies in Mass. are slowly purchasing P25 radios. Does anyone know if departments are going to be moving to P25 in the future? Are they only getting these radios to have the option? Does anyone have any thoughts or comments?

One factor (though by no means the only one, I'm sure) is that radios that are purchased with federal grant money are required to be P25 capable (whether or not you intend to use the P25 feature).

ecps92

Bob is correct, the radios a P25 CAPABLE, doesn't mean the agencies are going to P25 tho... ;)

One factor (though by no means the only one, I'm sure) is that radios that are purchased with federal grant money are required to be P25 capable (whether or not you intend to use the P25 feature).

Status
Not open for further replies.