Ah Ha! a Windows-7 bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
It seams even if you have Automatic updates set to NOTIFY BEFORE INSTALL Windows-7 installs anyways and re-boots automatically. I had a RR message at 3:30 this morning that my feed had not been seen in 15 minutes. I looked and sure enough I had a update, update itself and reboot. Which promptly canned Scannercast and upon restart did not allow scanner cast to start back thus My feed was down from 3:15 (ish) to 7:45 this wonderful COLD morning. and sure nuff, Automatic updates is STILL set to ask for MY permission before installing.

I think its time for a MAC!

brandon

Database Admin
I would just buy a used XPE Thin Client for $50 instead of $1,000+ Mac to host a feed. Plus I'm pretty sure Scannercast will not run on a Mac unless you run some type of visualization program. Scannercast works well on Thin Clients provided you have at least 512MB of flash storage to load .Net Framework 2.0. Good luck.

Astrak

It seams even if you have Automatic updates set to NOTIFY BEFORE INSTALL Windows-7 installs anyways and re-boots automatically. I had a RR message at 3:30 this morning that my feed had not been seen in 15 minutes. I looked and sure enough I had a update, update itself and reboot. Which promptly canned Scannercast and upon restart did not allow scanner cast to start back thus My feed was down from 3:15 (ish) to 7:45 this wonderful COLD morning. and sure nuff, Automatic updates is STILL set to ask for MY permission before installing.

I think its time for a MAC!
How to Disable Windows 7 Auto Update Restart | eHow.com

Status
Not open for further replies.