AHS Protective Services DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hey all,

A DMR system that appears to be licensed to AHS PS and serving several hospitals and care centers around the Calgary region is coming to life.

Every site is using the frequency 410.8125 (single frequency site) and appears to be using a common talkgroup/user ID structure. I would suspect they are networked somehow.

A few weeks ago I logged a site in Canmore:

Color Code 3
Talkgroup 100 (found on both slots)
User ID 14100 was Dispatch and another user was also in the 141xx range.

Today I have picked up Cochrane:

Color Code 5
Talkgroup 100 (again on both slots)
User ID in the 141xx range again (different ID than previous)

There are a total of 12 sites in TAFL with this frequency allocation:

Airdrie
Black Diamond
Canmore
Claresholm Hospital
Claresholm Mental Health
Cochrane
Didsbury
Fort Macleod
High River
Okotoks
Strathmore
Vulcan

Those of you in the area, it would be great if you could help out figuring this system out!

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

A DMR system that appears to be licensed to AHS PS and serving several hospitals and care centers around the Calgary region is coming to life.

Every site is using the frequency 410.8125 (single frequency site) and appears to be using a common talkgroup/user ID structure. I would suspect they are networked somehow.

A few weeks ago I logged a site in Canmore:

Color Code 3
Talkgroup 100 (found on both slots)
User ID 14100 was Dispatch and another user was also in the 141xx range.

Today I have picked up Cochrane:

Color Code 5
Talkgroup 100 (again on both slots)
User ID in the 141xx range again (different ID than previous)

There are a total of 12 sites in TAFL with this frequency allocation:

Airdrie
Black Diamond
Canmore
Claresholm Hospital
Claresholm Mental Health
Cochrane
Didsbury
Fort Macleod
High River
Okotoks
Strathmore
Vulcan

Those of you in the area, it would be great if you could help out figuring this system out!

It should be AHS Protective Services and Maintenance. I believe you will find talk group 100 is a wide area Security group. I can only speculate that portables inside a hospital reaching the nearest AFRRCS tower became a problem. In northern Alberta they are on various frequencies including 410.8125.

Jay911

Feed Provider
Thanks. I'll try to run DSD+ near one of the sites tomorrow and see if I can get some more technical info.

psionx

I work Protective services down south here. I believe "TG100" is as we call it "protective services wide area" on the channel I use and its channel 18 on our radio.

There is as far as I know 2 dispatch UID's 14100 is Edmonton dispatch , 15100 is Edmonton dispatch which I get for southern AB. I have all the UID's for sourthern AB except for a few sites that are on a different frequency talking to 14100 dispatch. I switched over to the newer radio 2 weeks ago. Nice stuff.

psionx

"Claresholm Mental Health"

Claresholm only has 1 radio and it's based out of the hospital. It covers The general, mental health and Landers treatment center. I did not hear them on the radio since the switch. I believe Claresholm has 2 frequencies active. Last time I was up there they had not yet received the new radios.

The following are on 460.2625
Cardston
Brooks
Taber
Pincher Creek
Chinook Regional Hospital
Crowsnest Pass
Fort Macleod
Medicine Hat Hospital

410 frequency is what I believe the mobile peace officers are using and a few of the other sites that have not switched over to the newer radios. We have to radio dispatch to get in contact with the peace officers. We have repeaters at each of our sites but when they use the new radios they have no communications with Edmonton between sites, so they stick with the older ones and the other frequencies.

Maintenance UID's are starting in the 50's
Maintenance has 2 channels per site one local and one repeater.

I'll have to dig some more

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
I work Protective services down south here. I believe "TG100" is as we call it "protective services wide area" on the channel I use and its channel 18 on our radio.

There is as far as I know 2 dispatch UID's 14100 is Edmonton dispatch , 15100 is Edmonton dispatch which I get for southern AB. I have all the UID's for sourthern AB except for a few sites that are on a different frequency talking to 14100 dispatch. I switched over to the newer radio 2 weeks ago. Nice stuff.

Dispatch in the Edmonton area is 21100 with Peace Officer radios in the 201XX range.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I have a feeling there's a minimum of two systems in place here, possibly more.

I drove down the QE2 south of Calgary today and stopped at some of the sites that were on my original list.

Black Diamond: Site 2 CC 2, neighbors 1, 5 (already established as Cochrane), and 7
Okotoks: Site 1 CC 1, neighbors 2, 4, 7, 9, and 10
High River: Site 7 CC 7, neighbors 1 (Okotoks), 4, 8, and 10
Claresholm: Site 4 CC 4, neighbors 7 (High River) and 10
Pincher Creek: Site 7 CC 7, neighbors 4, 5, and 8

Note that Pincher is broadcasting the same site number as High River. For what it's worth, all of the sites I visited today except Pincher were using 14xxx radio IDs - Pincher used 15xxx.

I didn't have a chance to try Blairmore, Fort Macleod, or Vulcan, nor anything further afield. I wonder if the ones that are/were in the Chinook Regional Partnership (IIRC Blairmore, Pincher, FtMc, and Lethbridge, possibly Taber, Cardston and Warner too?) would be in their own group, and the others I mentioned above are from the old Calgary Health Region?

IIRC Brooks and the Hat were Palliser - be useful if somebody out that way could run some DSDPlus too. And those of you in Edmonton, probably the old Capital Region I presume.

psionx

Stopped by work an grabbed these.

Radio UID's

Cardston 15105
Brooks 15101
Taber 15103
Pincher Creek 15110
CRH 15129, 15130, 15133, 15135, 15140. CHR has over 15 DMR radios and a few AFRRCS.
Crowsnest Pass 15111
Fort Macleod 15108. 2nd radio there, I'll get UID later
Medicine Hat 15119, 15122. This site has over a dozen radios

Also forgot maintenace UID's are starting south here in the 50's
A few I have are 50213, 50237, 50244, 50110, 50100

50213, 50237 are same site. Might be CRH. I'll get a few more when I go back to work

Last edited:

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Thanks now after listening to my recording I'm wondering about 10-53 and 10-95 lobby.

The only thing almost as good as me doing a road trip to figure this out is having Jay do a road trip. Great findings Jay I'm seeing a pattern I can only hear one center from home but it's site number also matches the CC number. And I have two centers with the same color code so most likely site number will be duplicated.

410.425 Alberta Hospital CC 1 Edmonton
410.425 Devon CC 0
410.525 Westview (Stony Plain) CC 0
410.525 Strathcona (Sherwood Park)
410.525 North East Community Health Center-Edmonton
410.725 East Edmonton Health Center CC6 Site 6
410.1875 Royal Alex Hospital Edmonton CC3
410.1875 Ft Saskatchewan Hospital CC 8
410.1875 Leduc Hospital CC 9
410.1875 St. Albert Hospital CC?

Royal Alex Hospital still uses it main DMR frequency of 453.0125 CC1

Last edited: