Aiken Dept. of Public Safety channel 2 frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bed92186

I am again back into scanning after many years. Shortly after the crystal era Lol. A lot to catch up on with this digital stuff too. Back in my day, they operated on 155.115. I now receive dispatch on 453. 650. I have tried scanning when switching over to 2 with no results. Years ago when ACSD was on UHF, I could receive dispatch, but not channel 3 switch over due to it not being on a repeater. Similar system? Any thoughts?

shajoe44

Aiken City is using the Palmetto 800 system. They still dispatch on the 453.650 but it comes across on the 800 system. You will need to upgrade your scanner to a digital scanner. If you go to the database map, select Aiken County and scroll down you will see what all the agencies in the county are using.

bed92186

Aiken City is using the Palmetto 800 system. They still dispatch on the 453.650 but it comes across on the 800 system. You will need to upgrade your scanner to a digital scanner. If you go to the database map, select Aiken County and scroll down you will see what all the agencies in the county are using.
Thank you. Time to upgrade into the digital era I guess.

bed92186

@bed92186 take your time and do your research on what scanner to purchase. :cool:
Thank you sir. I have been checking around without having to go too overboard. The 996 p2 looks to be a good one. Those SDS models are a little steep, though good I am sure.

bed92186

What about SRS? I have been researching the RR site and seen that there is an ID for Fire Dispatch. Are they receivable? It appears that they have seperate towers from that of Aiken County on site with utilization of two different systems. Trying to get my ducks in a row before a bearcat purchase. Looking to have it pre programmed. Is security able to be monitored too? I frequently see their helicopter flying often on flightradar 24.

mrat1234

Are you referring to Aiken city fire or county fire. Also the Aiken,North Augusta,Lexington county simulcast sites are used to provide countywide coverage for Aiken county.

bed92186

Are you referring to Aiken city fire or county fire. Also the Aiken,North Augusta,Lexington county simulcast sites are used to provide countywide coverage for Aiken county.
I got educated on that. I did not realize that Aiken City had gone digital which explained why their UHF patched channel was scratchy. I'm old school. I know Aiken County fire is UHF still. Lexington County Fire is still toned on VHF. I'll get there. Appreciate it.

bed92186

I got educated on that. I did not realize that Aiken City had gone digital which explained why their UHF patched channel was scratchy. I'm old school. I know Aiken County fire is UHF still. Lexington County Fire is still toned on VHF. I'll get there. Appreciate it.
Lexington County EMS was getting ready to go digital before I left there.

mrat1234

Yeah all Richland,Lexington,Newberry law,fire,ems,college pd's as well as medical pd's are digital now and full time palmetto 800. For Fairfield,Chester,union counties only law enforcement is palmetto 800. Fairfield,Chester county fire/ems use the nxdn fleet talk system while union fire/ems is vhf.

mrat1234

I would look for Aiken fire to switch to palmetto 800 at some point. SC Fire departments as well as ems that are not on palmetto 800 are slowly moving to palmetto 800. I believe Darlington county fire just moved to palmetto 800 as there are now 2 talkgroups in the database for them.

bed92186

I would look for Aiken fire to switch to palmetto 800 at some point. SC Fire departments as well as ems that are not on palmetto 800 are slowly moving to palmetto 800. I believe Darlington county fire just moved to palmetto 800 as there are now 2 talkgroups in the database for them.
At some point, I'm sure. Saluda and Edgefield Counties will have to get on board too, but still managing.

mrat1234

I would expect Edgefield county law enforcement at minimum to be on the system but there still on UHF. I understand why Saluda county would probably not want to use palmetto 800 because there is no site in saluda county that im aware of. Saluda county coverage relies on all sounding counties sites for coverage.

mrat1234

It will not be soon but if you are purchasing a new scanner i would make sure it's able to do phase II as palmetto 800 is rolling out apx radios really fast.

Aiken county fire is thinking of switching to DMR so surprisingly not on the Pal 800. The UHF radio towers often go down and coverage is often marginal.

bed92186

Aiken county fire is thinking of switching to DMR so surprisingly not on the Pal 800. The UHF radio towers often go down and coverage is often marginal.
I know right? I hear them having to switch towers on occasion for better communications. I know LEX CO FIRE is still using VHF patched through 800. Their vhf is crystal clear a County away.

Do you have any idea of the timeline for the switch over to DMR?
Sorry for the delayed response... I'm not really sure supposedly Mike Hunt (out sheriff) will get a new HQ and or dispatch center. Also ems and sheriff talkgroups will get encrypted when the switch takes full effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.