• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ailunce HD1 priority vs. address book conacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I pull the trigger and buy one of these, I have some questions. I have downloaded the software (v. 1.67, I believe) and I am having troulbe figuring out how talkgroups are supposed to be added. The software indicates there are two kind of contacts: "Priority Contacts" and "Address Book Contacts", but nowhere any indication of "Talkgroups", so maybe Ailunce calls them something else.

Apparently one can have only 64 "Priority" contacts, and these cannot be added by importing a file from a spreadsheet, they must be added by hand in the software. When programming a channel, these Priority Contacts are listed by name in a dropbox, so I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that this is where the Talkgroups are supposed to go. But only 64? And no import/export? Bummer for Brandmeister users, if true.

Supposedly there are 100k "Address Book" contacts, which can also be added to individual channels, but they can only be added by row number, not by name or DMR number, again a real problem if you want to add a whole bunch of Talkgroups. I assumed the "Address Book" is for datadump.cgi type stuff, not really Talkgroups, since it also includes fields for city, country, etc., and can be imported/exported to a spreadsheet program.

So I'm a little confused as to how Talkgroups are supposed to work on this radio. Can't be just 64, I seriously hope.

Any comments from owners or others familiar with how the radio works?

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
The Ailunce HD-1 has:

100,000 Contacts + 1000 Priority Contacts*

"Priority Contacts" are where you program the Talk Groups (TGs)

You can associate a TG# with a unique name, and that unique name is what you must use when programming the repeater's channels, and also when building your RX Group List. TG#'s can only be defined once.

*Reference: HD1 Dual Band DMR Two Way Radio

Thanks for the info. But am I correct in that there is no way to import the Priority Contacts from a spreadsheet file -- they must all be entered by hand into the CPS? (A relatively minor issue -- one of convenience, not a deal breaker.)

charmin

The Ailunce HD-1 has:

100,000 Contacts + 1000 Priority Contacts*

"Priority Contacts" are where you program the Talk Groups (TGs)

You can associate a TG# with a unique name, and that unique name is what you must use when programming the repeater's channels, and also when building your RX Group List. TG#'s can only be defined once.

*Reference: HD1 Dual Band DMR Two Way Radio
Hi, a little while since you replied to above, but just having purchased an HD1 I have a problem as you mentioned, putting in a TG twice, for example TG2350 through my local repeater which is obviously set to RF and TG2350 to my Hot Sot (Open spot 2) you will probably know in the programming software it comes up with ID already used....! Any ideas or workarounds, even on my previous £35 Baofeng you could do this provided one was RF and the other was Digital...... this is a major shortfall and could mean the radio going back.... help....

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
FYI - The latest CPS for the HD1 is v2.08. When setting up the HD1 with the CPS application, priority contacts (DMR talkgroups) are only added once. Later, when setting up individual DMR channels, the related talkgroup is recalled from a drop-down list.
Any given DMR talkgroup can be added to any number of repeater channels or simplex/hotspot channels. DMR talkgroups can also be selected from the keypad. A similar mechanism (left column to right column) is used to populate your RX list (if used) in the CPS. Also, either type of contacts can be added via import of a properly-formatted spreadsheet file.
As you are discovering, the different terms used by the various chinese DMR providers can be confusing, resulting in much frustration.

Last edited:

charmin

FYI - The latest CPS for the HD1 is v2.08. When setting up the HD1 with the CPS application, priority contacts (DMR talkgroups) are only added once. Later, when setting up individual DMR channels, the related talkgroup is recalled from a drop-down list.
Any given DMR talkgroup can be added to any number of repeater channels or simplex/hotspot channels. DMR talkgroups can also be selected from the keypad. A similar mechanism (left column to right column) is used to populate your RX list (if used) in the CPS. Also, either type of contacts can be added via import of a properly-formatted spreadsheet file.
As you are discovering, the different terms used by the various chinese DMR providers can be confusing, resulting in much frustration.
Hi, yes you are right, the subtle differences between setting the code plug up for different manufacturers is confusing, I had it sussed for the Baofeng so the HD1 I thought would be easy, in reality it now is once you learn the rules... I did manage to think through where I was going wrong, trying to make it to complicated, once i realised as you say just set the TG's once, leave it at that and slect and modify in the Chn set up whatever you need, then it all fell into place. The RX list customisation is very good and means you don't have to think to much... the zones are easy now, trouble is i think Ive forgoten how to do the Baofeng now.... haha.
Good of you to get back to me, if you were interesed I have also found a way to display these sender DMR ID on the screen when Rx call, along with the normal call sign, address, country and TG number which are normslly there, the DMR ID is normally not visible.... but it is there, you just need to persuade it to display....
Thanks again. G6CTX. Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.