Air ambulance helicopter services for Harrison County

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlr8

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I'm heading to the Biloxi area next week and was looking for information on which air ambulance helicopters serve the Biloxi area. Does the Southeast MS Air Ambulance District cover the Biloxi/Harrison County area. Apologies for not being familiar with this, but I'm from out of state and will just be visiting. Thanks in advance for any info!

TheRadioGuru

Yes, the primary helicopter EMS service for the MS Gulf Coast is Mississippi Air Rescue which is for the most part SEMAAD. You will actually hear a good amount of traffic on their talkgroup during the day, at night it appears they use another method for primary dispatch.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber

TheRadioGuru

For the record.... AirCare does not use VHF at all anymore. They have swapped to APX 6000s that don't even have the ability to transmit on VHF. Plus they are full time strapped AES on their talkgroup. The aircraft do have the state hospital net frequncy in them, but not the old VHF dispatch / ops one... AirCare also does not primarily respond to anything south of Hattiesburg as Mississippi Air Rescue does all of that, the birds are all owned by the same company after all.

flametamer

AirCare also does not primarily respond to anything south of Hattiesburg as Mississippi Air Rescue does all of that, the birds are all owned by the same company after all.
While the aircraft are owned by Med-Trans, (except UMC AirCare 1) they do fly to the coast, New Orleans, & Mobile regularly. Especially for-but not limited to Neo & Peds flights.

Dt

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Oh okay, I spoke with Medcom not too long ago and asked if they were able to receive and transmit on high band because not all of us at the time have MSWIN radios and high band in my vehicle was working fine---they said they could..I will check with them and ascertain for sure.

Be Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.