Air Band--Dual Civil and Military

Status
Not open for further replies.

415dispatcher

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for an NMO-mount antenna for both the civilian and military air bands. Universal Radio sells a Maldol antenna but it's more of a hand held thing due to the bnc or sma connector. I've thought about getting the Maldol and using a bnc window mount....but i'd like to install it on the roof for the ground-plane benefit!

Thanks!

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Air Band - Dual Bander Antenna

Howdy

You might do a bit more research on suppliers and I would recommend looking at items such as Rocket Radio (UK) as an example, unless you are set on using a NMO, in either case drilling holes or overly expensive NMO mounts would be my last resort....

Others can chime in as suspect several have fit-for-purpose dual Air Band antenna installed.....

Also, as this is a 'receive-only' application the 'ground-plane' is always a 'debatable' subject, relative to improving receive levels, and I have use Marine Band Antenna(s) (fiberglass-no ground plane) in the VHF range with success as well....along with used Aircraft Antenna's as well...

Below is the URL for Rocket and perhaps a US supplier might be researched and found to have a like antenna...

Pilot Airband Scanner Mobile Minaret Antenna

Please let us know what you find and hope others will hope into the discussion...

Thx

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.