Air band scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgiercyk

I actually just bought an SR30C for monitoring air band. I wanted a BC125XLT for the Alpha tags and the military frequency coverage, but they are made of Unobtainium right now unless you are willing to pay $250+ on Amazon. BUT, after pulling the trigger on the SR30C, I happened to catch a refurbed BC125XLT on Amazon for $83. I jumped on that like white on rice. The word on the street is that the BC125XLT may be discontinued. That would be a shame.....the SR30C seems like a capable, simple to operate rig, but the lack of alpha tags a frequency spectrum is disapponting.

I'm waiting for the SDS100 to come back in stock. I've got an SDS200 and I love it! I'm not paying $1200 on Amazon.

The69Yoshi

Premium Subscriber
There are plenty of used BC125AT's on Amazon RIGHT NOW. These are Uniden repacks or refurbs, coming from Amazon Wherehouse. I have bought my 125's, BCT15x, and BCD996P2's all as used from Amazon with NO ISSUES.
I actually just bought one of them last week on Amazon for only $95! It said minor cosmetic damage but I couldn’t tell it’d ever been open and included all original accessories. Great deal!

CaptMSD

Premium Subscriber
Try to hold off until the 125 comes back down in price...... I am seeing traditional online sellers 200- almost 300 new right now. crazy out there.
I searched five retailers to find the 125AT in stock. Between pandemic and microchip shortage, they are hard to come by. Found new for $100 at an online knife store (no clue, but they had it). Called Budk. I concur with everyone else that it’s a great unit and price for just air band. It has all the other analog UHF/VHF, but I only use it for air and weather (I was a cop for 20+ years and if I never hear another police or fire radio again I will be fine).

Last edited:

spanky15805

If you want a true airband receiver, starting looking for Park Air Sytems/ITT MDR 2100 receivers. It does not scan but it is programmablewith built in filtering for FM brodcast.

musiclistener

Hi, I have a Home Patrol 2 for some reason I can not pick up the air traffic control frequencies on it very well. Can any one reccomend a decent hand held radio or scanner to monitor when I'm out and about? Thanks
I have a Radio Shack 2045. Great Air Band and VHF. Blows my Bearcat 996p2 out of the water. Saw one on ebay great condition bid was $44 bucks. A close 2nd Is my Bearcat 895. Around $100-150. Last I looked.

$ 44.00

thevig

I use a 125AT and a Yaesu FTA-250L when on the go. The Yaesu however is not a wise choice since it's a transceiver. Don't want that in the wrong hands.

air-scan

I use the Uniden BC75XLT which is an older scanner for airband and also my CC Skywave SSB does well on the airband. CC Slywave SSB can scan only 1 page of 10 channels at a time though which is probably what most won't like to have as far as scanning. It's sensitivity on airband makes it worth it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.