Air COMM 1 / Medflight Helicopter Trunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1

While listening to MEDFLIGHT DISPATCH (state wide talkgroup) I heard mention of a channel AIR COMM 1

Do any of our Medflight - Helicopter radio folks know what is being referred to??

Thanks,
Julian

Reactions: zac

bwall332

Premium Subscriber
I have heard Lifesaver talking to other medical helicopters on 123.050 , I believe it is a helo-helo channel. Do not know if that is AIR COMM 1 or not.

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
AirCom is the dispatch center for several air ambulance programs around the country. The mechanics program the aircraft radios, so I'd venture a guess that's the conventional freq in Birmingham 155.355MHz PL 151.4.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Here in the Auburn-Opelika area, I monitor TG 31039 on the AIRS System. The helos and the dispatcher refer to that TG as "AIRCOMM". That dispatcher communicates with medical helicopters in the Florida panhandle, University of South Alabama MedFlight, Lifesaver 3 (Cusseta, AL), Lifesaver 4 (Sylacauga, AL), Lifesaver 5 (?? Location).

Metrofire31
Auburn-Opelika
WREX563

Reactions: zac

medic9351301

Banned
Here in the Auburn-Opelika area, I monitor TG 31039 on the AIRS System. The helos and the dispatcher refer to that TG as "AIRCOMM". That dispatcher communicates with medical helicopters in the Florida panhandle, University of South Alabama MedFlight, Lifesaver 3 (Cusseta, AL), Lifesaver 4 (Sylacauga, AL), Lifesaver 5 (?? Location).

Metrofire31
Auburn-Opelika
WREX563

3 is auburn/ opelika 5 is ozark

medic9351301

Banned
its close to there zac lol
has anyone heard huntsville med flight lately used to hear them all the time.

wa3ysu

Premium Subscriber
Just for reference, the Air Methods website has some great info and links to the medevac programs they support around the county. Their Comm Center in Omaha provides the dispatch/flight-following for all of these medevac programs via links to local communications systems. The use AIRCOM as the identity of the Omaha center for all of these programs.

Communications Center: AirCom

All of the various medevac programs are linked at the bottom of this page: Air Methods - Air Medical Transport

And a map of the country listing the number of bases they support in each state: About Us

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.